CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 1 Week Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odspice14 View Post
Considering his experience on dirt I would be surprised if he doesn't go through an expedited training program
My "bet" is that they are going to do what they did with Courtney in FC....have a car ready and at many events, but test on Monday until Austin gets comfortable with the car (like 30 laps or more). He'll start at (4) events towards the end of the season to keep his ROTY status for 2019....however, I still believe he'll get some competitive experience in TAFC or A/Fuel or both in 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 1 Week Ago
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
My "bet" is that they are going to do what they did with Courtney in FC....have a car ready and at many events, but test on Monday until Austin gets comfortable with the car (like 30 laps or more). He'll start at (4) events towards the end of the season to keep his ROTY status for 2019....however, I still believe he'll get some competitive experience in TAFC or A/Fuel or both in 2018.
Do teams get any kind of reduced rate on track rentals right after a national event? Just curious...
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 1 Week Ago
Tim Charlet's Avatar
Tim Charlet Tim Charlet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Do teams get any kind of reduced rate on track rentals right after a national event? Just curious...
I'm not really sure how "Monday Nationals" works for Pro teams. I have seen where some A/Fuel or TAFC teams have tested with them - but also seen separate testing the next day (like they do at Wildhorse - with the D-7 race being the next weekend they let Fuel Cars test on Monday, then Alcohol Cars & Pro Stock on Tuesday after the event.) I'm sure that there is a flat rate for the track rental, EMS, Safety team - which teams either split the costs or work out some other deals.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 1 Week Ago
odspice14 odspice14 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
My "bet" is that they are going to do what they did with Courtney in FC....have a car ready and at many events, but test on Monday until Austin gets comfortable with the car (like 30 laps or more). He'll start at (4) events towards the end of the season to keep his ROTY status for 2019....however, I still believe he'll get some competitive experience in TAFC or A/Fuel or both in 2018.
I guses it would also depend on when he is "needed" in the seat. If he is intended to be a Funnycar driver i think he will take over John's car and I would think you are right where he might run a few this year then full time in 2018. If he is going to be the dragster driver i think it will be whenever the sponsor contract is signed
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 6 Days Ago
GolfRacer GolfRacer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
I'm not really sure how "Monday Nationals" works for Pro teams. I have seen where some A/Fuel or TAFC teams have tested with them - but also seen separate testing the next day (like they do at Wildhorse - with the D-7 race being the next weekend they let Fuel Cars test on Monday, then Alcohol Cars & Pro Stock on Tuesday after the event.) I'm sure that there is a flat rate for the track rental, EMS, Safety team - which teams either split the costs or work out some other deals.
If there are "enough" fuel cars for the testing it's about $5K per team for the day. The teams talk so there's usually an agreement to get enough.

Don't know the charge for Sportsman cars but it may be free or nominal charge. I can check.

If a team must test and there's only them or a couple...obviously the charge is more.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 6 Days Ago
Yvonne* Yvonne* is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,814
Default

Thanks for the info guys!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.