CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > CompetitionPlus Forums > General discussion

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Could be, but first you have to figure out the money/value she brought to the sponsor and team, A whole lot more than her salary/earnings
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer121 View Post
Could be, but first you have to figure out the money/value she brought to the sponsor and team, A whole lot more than her salary/earnings
It was never about driving talent, but always about marketing appeal. It worked (really worked) and performance didn't mean much of anything, but the marketing sure did for a long time. We continuously heard about all the little girls that were made aware that they could be just like Danica now. Reality is it was Mom & Dad or Grandma/Grandpa that were the target of this marketing steamroller a whole lot more than little "Sally Carrera". It finally ran it's course and time for a new "Hook" to promote business. NHRA also tries to push the Female driver thing, but it doesn't fly anymore because there have been female drivers/riders for many years now. Everyone has figured out that there are no gender related body parts that it takes to drive or ride. We all hear the saying "This guy has a huge set of "-----" to drive/ride this or that, when in fact the whole game is 2 1/2 feet above - in your Head which both sexes have. Won't comment on amount of "Grey matter" one has vs the other. It would be interesting for someone to research the number of drivers to win ratio between male & female drivers/riders over the long haul. I'll bet the results would surprise a lot of people considering the actual ratio of participants and until recently you would have to factor in the level of the equipment sometime.You can't race a Mule against a Thoroughbred and really hope for much in the way of results.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

The real surprise is that with all of NASCAR's diversity programs , that a true female race car driver has not emerged . The time is well over due , and I think in someway's Danica has hurt the chances of a future prospective female driver. The perception is that it can't be done , but from what we learned especially in drag racing , the race car doesn't know who's driving . Maybe we need Erica Enders to go south and turn left ? That would be interesting !
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
Maybe we need Erica Enders to go south and turn left ? That would be interesting !
LOL.... send Antron with her too!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Next diversity star Jennifer Jo Cobb , as long as no one steals her truck & trailer. Might want to look up that circus when your really bored .
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Jennifer Jo? Now that's a name NASCAR fans can relate too! YEE....HA!
Old 2 Weeks Ago

You know many a truth is said in jest , but a younger Antron Brown would have made a very interesting NASCAR driver . He is probably the one guy in NHRA that would have been able to crossover . I can't think of anyone else that could have ever made it , including the now fender kicker . Maybe Snake ? Hmmmm , now you got me thinking !
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
The real surprise is that with all of NASCAR's diversity programs , that a true female race car driver has not emerged . The time is well over due , and I think in someway's Danica has hurt the chances of a future prospective female driver. The perception is that it can't be done , but from what we learned especially in drag racing , the race car doesn't know who's driving . Maybe we need Erica Enders to go south and turn left ? That would be interesting !
I think one of the biggest aspects that hinder a female driver is the attitude and feeling of everyone around her (sponsors, fans, brands, etc) to make her into a super model instead of focusing on getting her the seat time without distraction that's needed to compete at that level. Unfortunately, Danica's focus on modeling, endorsements and branding left very little time for her to actually improve her skills IMO. And it has hurt the chances of other future drivers in many ways because she set a precedence that people will think must be duplicated in order to garner funding.

I think its definitely possible for a female driver to successfully compete in circle/road track but it would have to be someone who is laser-focused entirely on driving and competing. That person would have to buck an enormous amount of pressure to NOT spend her time attempting to be a model. The fact is that most, if not all male drivers spend very little time outside the racing atmosphere barring a few appearances and commercials. They know they're only as good as their performance IN the car. There are much fewer female drivers to begin with and then those are expected to model thereby sending the message it doesn't entirely matter what they do on the track. Until women say NO to that kind of distraction and frankly, mismanagement of their driving careers, it won't happen.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
You know many a truth is said in jest , but a younger Antron Brown would have made a very interesting NASCAR driver . He is probably the one guy in NHRA that would have been able to crossover . I can't think of anyone else that could have ever made it , including the now fender kicker . Maybe Snake ? Hmmmm , now you got me thinking !
My money would be on Capps.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Any type of racing is a TEAM sport and not relient on just the driver, What happened to Leah?great in the begining then fell off the earth, She had the best car-crew-money behind her and did not win the champ. Danica shurely had the equip to run up front, but did she have the crew?