CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Good info!! ^^^^

So there is in fact, existing rules for two-seaters. Somebody's got some 'splaining to do.....
Quarter mile performance limited to 8.50 ET or slower and 160 MPH maximum. Two seater dragster must meet current NHRA rules for 7.50 second of slower ET dragsters. Due to its unique configuration, each two-seater dragster must be individually inspected and accepted by NHRA prior to being permitted to run. Two seater dragsters are further restricted to a maximum 520 cubic inch gasoline-burning engine. Supercharger, turbocharger, methanol, nitrous oxide, or similar performance enhancing modifications, fuels or additives, prohibited.

Maybe I missed it, but where is the section that has a standard for nitro-burning, a supercharged two-seater with performance standards MUCH quicker than 8.50 ET in the quarter mile????
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Quarter mile performance limited to 8.50 ET or slower and 160 MPH maximum. Two seater dragster must meet current NHRA rules for 7.50 second of slower ET dragsters. Due to its unique configuration, each two-seater dragster must be individually inspected and accepted by NHRA prior to being permitted to run. Two seater dragsters are further restricted to a maximum 520 cubic inch gasoline-burning engine. Supercharger, turbocharger, methanol, nitrous oxide, or similar performance enhancing modifications, fuels or additives, prohibited.

Maybe I missed it, but where is the section that has a standard for nitro-burning, a supercharged two-seater with performance standards MUCH quicker than 8.50 ET in the quarter mile????
Yep - This is why NHRA turned him down in the first place. It is like comparing a Burro to a Thoroughbred.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
I think that's the point. There is no allowance for nitro, or any other power adder either for a two seater. For two people who knew better, they took a heck of a risk and now Dixon is paying for it. Exhibition or not, this car would set a precedence because there are likely others maybe not as skilled who may try it. Without a thorough tech guide example its a potential mine field.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I said that on page 7
I put a lot of blame On McKinney, being on the Chassis commitee, he new the rules and regs. but still went forward and built it and did not pull the sticker off.
The track on a rental day prob does not have a "Gold" tech person on staff to go over the car as would at a NHRA race and no tech card to fill out either, and a quick once over by the track sees a sticker but does not check the date
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

Densmore gives his learned opinion on the matter of the ride-along top fueler....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ways-they-seem

----------------------------
Old 1 Week Ago

Lawrence doesn't need the NHRA , he can scrape that bogus certification sticker off the cage and start booking customers. The one place in America the NHRA can't touch ( more isolated than the DPRK ) . The Street Outlaws ! Picture LD hauling screaming CEO's and Kardashians down those Oklahoma goat paths . Asking Peter permission is worthless , first he doesn't even know who LD is and second he's never seen a Top Fuel car except on a spreadsheet. Sorry LD , try again .......maybe .......lets see ......... Oh here's one : Drag Racing on the moon ! But ask Graham first .