CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
Someone somewhere will find fault with pretty much any sponsor, being offended seems to be something people are striving for. Personally I would rather see Metallica on the side of the car but every form of motorsports benefits from non-motorsports sponsorship.
Personally I would rather see really bitchin' paint jobs with a catchy name on the side instead of a corporation, but Bernstein took care of that a looong time ago. It doesn't pay the bills. Now it's "Wraps" with whatever the sponsors marketing department wants. That was also when more people knew the car by name before they knew who the driver was. Also: Have you noticed that the announcers will identify the car by sponsor if the sponsor buys airtime & only by the driver's name if they don't.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Roger, agree here. I canít see females rushing out to buy a die cast car with Taylor Swift on the side of it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Swift is a VERY shrewd businessperson. Not to mention she has a GINORMOUS online following. Any where her presence is, so are millions of people who follow her. This deal could've happened with NASCAR or F1 but it didn't. I'd guess she liked the idea of a female driver as well.
From the article, it looks like Swift had nothing to do with it:

Quote:
"No one is a bigger champion of Swift and Force than Big Machine Label Group President and CEO Scott Borchetta."

“We are thrilled to partner with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine Records in helping launch Taylor Swift’s new album reputation by featuring it on Courtney’s Force’s Advance Auto Parts Chevy SS,” Advance Auto Parts Senior Vice President, Marketing, Insights and Analytics Yogi Jashnani said. “Big Machine is a valued partner of Advance "
Very shrewd is right. It's all about her business and employees hired to promote of her new album. Taylor is a rock star and on such a different level, I wonder if she even knows who Courtney is, much less has any interest on what kind of car she has.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
Personally I would rather see Metallica on the side of the car
Waaay out of the age bracket for Courtney and this generation. They would be a better match to be on the side of The Greek's car.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
From the article, it looks like Swift had nothing to do with it:

Very shrewd is right. It's all about her business and employees hired to promote of her new album. Taylor is a rock star and on such a different level, I wonder if she even knows who Courtney is, much less what kind of car she drives because Taylor ain't drivin' no Chevy
I'd guess otherwise. What I meant in part by shrewd was I really believe she is a person who has a hand in everything concerning her career and promotion. To think she didn't sign off on this is unlikely IMO. But either way, its a good thing.

As far as the wrap scheme, it reminds me of the Strivectin car of Grubby's. I can see why they used a face in both instances but usually real faces don't really translate to a stylish car scheme in the traditional sense. But it serves a purpose so it is what it is.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
This is a win/win for the business side of drag racing for sure.
.....if it's reciprocated by the other side - meaning if Taylor Swift and this record label use this car and Courtney in their promotion efforts outside of the drag racing space.

....that's where the WIN for drag racing occurs. Otherwise, it really is a one-sided promotion.

It would be great to see Courtney featured in a Taylor Swift video or onsite promotion during one of her concerts. Don't get me wrong, having Taylor's pretty face on the side of a Nitro Funny Car is a HUGE accomplishment - considering her YouTube.com music videos AVERAGE more than 500 MILLION hits globally. But, I'd like to see Courtney and her involvement in NHRA drag racing on one of those 500 million hit videos.....
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I'd guess otherwise. What I meant in part by shrewd was I really believe she is a person who has a hand in everything concerning her career and promotion. To think she didn't sign off on this is unlikely IMO. But either way, its a good thing.
I would be more inclined to think when the new "album" was being completed and promotions were inked out weeks or months ago, she looks at a promotions spreadsheet and if she had a question about line item #387 and what this nhra thing is, the executive sitting with her was probably saying it's a professional racing organization and someone your age named Courtney is driving a race car and she would just say cool and move on down he sheet.

I doubt Taylor asked to have her face on that car because she knows all about Courtney and watches the weekend Dave and Tony show on her phone. Nor I believe she has Courtney and/or that car on her website, FB, YT, Twitter, Instagram, or whatever these kids use nowadays to follow this generations rock stars.

Back in my day as a teenybopper in the 80's, all we had was Circus or Hit Parader magazine. Computers or cell phones weren't invented yet. Man am I old!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Back in my day, all we had was Circus or Hit Parader magazine
You forgot American Bandstand! I spent many a Saturday watching that.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
.....if it's reciprocated by the other side - meaning if Taylor Swift and this record label use this car and Courtney in their promotion efforts outside of the drag racing space.

....that's where the WIN for drag racing occurs. Otherwise, it really is a one-sided promotion.

It would be great to see Courtney featured in a Taylor Swift video or onsite promotion during one of her concerts. Don't get me wrong, having Taylor's pretty face on the side of a Nitro Funny Car is a HUGE accomplishment - considering her YouTube.com music videos AVERAGE more than 500 MILLION hits globally. But, I'd like to see Courtney and her involvement in NHRA drag racing on one of those 500 million hit videos.....
All it would take is one tweet or Instagram picture of the car by her PR people and drag racing wins.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
All it would take is one tweet or Instagram picture of the car by her PR people and drag racing wins.
The Funny Car is on the Twitter....

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13

----------------------------