CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I wonder how the whole Gray family would react if Tanner didn't get the ROTY.
He's the rookie of the year , not the sportsman of the year . It's the rich guy club , the bleachers and the TV are made for us poor folk . Get rich or stay home .
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
That's pretty much what he did - only his version was considerably spicier than yours.

We've all discussed the Countdown for years, and it's not always fair - but nobody knew for sure who the champs were going to be in 3 of the 4 contested categories until the final day of this season. As a fan, I think I'd rather have it that way than to have all of them crowned by the time the Dallas race is over. Sure was a lot more exciting.
Youíre right he did sort of say that. The problem I think is that once he said that he went back to complaining about the countdown. Saying she wouldnít have had a chance per se. And the truth is a .90 light against Antron. The one thing I think I learned from all of that is that for what ever reason Britt seemed to handle the pressure and the adversity of red lighting better than Steve did.

And for the record I am beyond thrilled that Britt won. The only two I ever root for anymore are her and Courtney. I used to be a big John Force fan, but after some of the idiotic, down right sexist things he has said about Courtney, well letís just say he ainít my favorite anymore. And I never much cared for Robert to begin with.

And..... Personally, I love the countdown. For exactly what happened Sunday. Last race drama is exciting.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
No mercy for him? give me a break. I couldn't care less if he never won anything. This isn't a pity party,this is big boy racing. Did you hear him say he was pulling for Gray,now that's what I call team work. The correct answer would have been,I hope Bo wins one for the team and then let the chips fall where they may.
couldn't care less ??? ..... oh you've demonstrated over the last decade that u care a lot, that is, u care that every and anything bad happens to GA. My question is, if and when Anderson wins 8 more races (and I think u know what that means) what window ledge will u be jumping off of, because i'd like to record it
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I wonder how the whole Gray family would react if Tanner didn't get the ROTY.
Giving him the Rookie award is going to be the worst thing for him in the long run. It'll make it even harder for him to learn why he needs to change his behavior.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I was shocked the chutes did not auto-deploy when the engine blew up. Possible the body damage had some effect but it should've worked.
I wondered the same thing, why did the chutes not come out. Had to be related to body damage, especially when Hight said that he was swinging for the levers and couldn't reach them because of the damage.

Who cares?
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdouglas View Post
That said, the Countdown has been going on for how many years now? He was victimized no more than other points leaders that succumbed to bad luck/bad driving/whatever during the playoffs. His fate was also completely in his hands during the last race, so it's not like it was on somebody else there.
X2 You can disagree with something but you don't race, lose and then stand next to the podium where the winner is getting his/her trophy and claim "B.S." (on national TV). Wrong time, wrong place. There's more effective ways to petition for change.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer12306 View Post
I wondered the same thing, why did the chutes not come out. Had to be related to body damage, especially when Hight said that he was swinging for the levers and couldn't reach them because of the damage.
I wonder too if it was actually the RF box that got one chute out and not Robert. That was hard to watch because that car was booking it still when it hit the sand. Glad he's okay!
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Glad I didn’t check dragracecentral.com yesterday to catch first round results before watching the full race on TV. Highly entertaining and hopefully some of the record company exposure on Courtney’s car had new folks watching and enjoying it.

Eleven years ago, 2007, was the first year of the countdown. That first year Hot Rod Fuller, Robert Hight and Greg Anderson would have won under the old points system.

Now Hight and Anderson have won multiple times under the countdown and Hot Rod never has and unfortunately, has gone on down the road of life.

I’m a Torrence fan when he races some teams and not a fan when he races others. I hope he someday can put it all together and get that Championship just because he truly had the field covered for very much of the year and only the countdown stopped him.

The "season long", no… “annual championship” no.. Six Race Championship was exciting. But the early races don't mean near as much anymore. Gainesville = Atlanta, etc. Just show up for most of the first 18 races and win enough rounds to make the countdown so you can throw the dice for those six.

Where everything was stacked for an exciting final race at Pomona, I was suprised the stands were that empty...
Old 3 Weeks Ago

"Where everything was stacked for an exciting final race at Pomona, I was suprised the stands were that empty..."

I have been going to the NHRA Finals at Pomona for many years, and I thought the crowd yesterday was about average or maybe slightly better than the Sunday crowd of say the last 10 years. It seemed to me that the crowd size peaked for the 2nd round of the Fuel cars, as the stands were maybe 90% full on the Pit side. I was disappointed the stands were not packed, but a lower Sunday crowd (compared to Saturday) is pretty typical for the NHRA drags these days.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Speaking of Leah.. the better question is.. what happened?

They came out with both guns blazing with the Papa John's deal and were right up there as a top 3 contender for the title. Then they just absolutely fell apart in the second half of the season.
Kharma?