CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 03-14-2018

Default Dave Hirata/Mia Tedesco

I don't see Dave Hirata or Mia Tedesco entered in the Alcohol Dragster category. Are they still teamed up for this year?
Old 03-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
The graphics on her Challenger are horrible. That's one ugly car. The hauler is no better. What were they thinking?
I thought that was a big #11 on the doors and they were promoting NASCAR racing... Now I get it, they're Dodge hashmarks.

Back in the 1950-60's, the road race guys put hash marks only on the drivers side fender so drivers from different countries knew which side to get in for a le man's start. The first guy to get in the wrong side probably felt pretty stupid...

She has hash marks on both doors. Is this a "Driver's Education" car?
Old 03-14-2018
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrig1 View Post
I don't see Dave Hirata or Mia Tedesco entered in the Alcohol Dragster category. Are they still teamed up for this year?
I believe they are still racing together. Not ready to start their season yet....

----------------------------
Old 03-14-2018

Quote:
The graphics on her Challenger are horrible. That's one ugly car. The hauler is no better. What were they thinking?
Haha. I'm so glad you brought this up. I was going to but thought I would get ripped for it.

This is one of the ugliest racecars I have ever seen.

Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post
Haha. I'm so glad you brought this up. I was going to but thought I would get ripped for it.

Oh come on...there HAS to be at least one Gremlin or Pacer race car out there! Has anyone turned a Pontiac Aztec into a race car yet?
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
Oh come on...there HAS to be at least one Gremlin or Pacer race car out there! Has anyone turned a Pontiac Aztec into a race car yet?
I knew of a late model VW Bug with a BBC that went 10's. He's since swapped that drivetrain into a Mini Cooper, which runs 10's. But either of those or a Gremlin, a Pacer (did you forget the Ambassador?) with decent paint jobs might look better than the graphics on Leah's car.
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
I knew of a late model VW Bug with a BBC that went 10's. He's since swapped that drivetrain into a Mini Cooper, which runs 10's. But either of those or a Gremlin, a Pacer (did you forget the Ambassador?) with decent paint jobs might look better than the graphics on Leah's car.
Ron Clark's Bugzilla blown VW? Saw the violent crash at the Duck's race! That drivetrain is now in the Mini Cooper? The short wheelbase crash must not have hurt that much...

Speaking of AMC stuff, in 1980 AMC modified the Gremlin's side window and called it a Spirit which didn't help sales at all.
Then a few years later everybody was falling all over the looks of the Honda Civic which looked just like a 9/10 scale 1980 Gremlin/Spirit.
But then again the Honda didn't have a GM starter and alternator or Chrysler 2bbl carb and torqueflight or a Ford starter solenoid like the Gremlins did.

Back to the Gatornationals and Intellicast.com weather forecasting for the nitro sessions...

Friday high of 76, low of 46, humidity 28 to 44%, 10% chance of rain,
Saturday high of 81, low of 54, humidity 22 to 59%, 10% chance of rain.
Sunday high of 82, low of 58, humidity 46 to 69%, 20% chance of rain.

This is Florida so the humidity will be higher before their first round of the day and the sun will burn it off so the afternoon and early evening rounds should be good.
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtcoDave View Post

Looks like someone had a couple of pints of leftover paint and the stray graphic they wanted to use up.....
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampy96 View Post
Looks like someone had a couple of pints of leftover paint and the stray graphic they wanted to use up.....
Would look GREAT with Tony P. behind the wheel! <G>!
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomotor View Post
Would look GREAT with Tony P. behind the wheel! <G>!
Iím still laughing.....