CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 04-10-2018

Tim:

Thank you for the info on the lanes. While I watched the NHRA race, I had the Masters and PDRA on at the same time. Once in a year weekend for events. I almost forgot about the NMCA race. Turk with two 8.00 and a 7.99. Carl Tasca ran 8.01.

Although Wild Horse is my current home track, LVMS will always be my favorite track for many reasons.
Old 04-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyback View Post
As a traditionalist, I despise 4-wide racing as it makes a mockery of the basic premise in which the sport was founded. However, I completely understand and respect those that like it. But I am willing to speculate that the overwhelming majority of the fans that support it are young people and/or those new to the drag race experience. To them it is all about the spectacle of "shock and awe" and they probably do not follow the sport closely, if at all. Professional nitro racing has become more an exhibition of speed and power, and less about the competition. There are so very few competitive teams, and continual repeat winners. 4-wide "racing" just takes the exhibition to another level.
Just a curious question. How many people, across the globe - do you think fall into the same category as yourself - meaning "a drag racing traditionalist" or "those who follow the sport closely...?"
Old 04-10-2018
Super Moderator

Back To Back Sellout at Vegas Four Wide

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...wide-nationals
Old 04-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
Just a curious question. How many people, across the globe - do you think fall into the same category as yourself - meaning "a drag racing traditionalist" or "those who follow the sport closely...?"
Tim, I would say it is very miniscule. Probably less than 1/2 of 1 per cent globally. Certainly, we are not the target demographic.
Old 04-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossyback View Post
Tim, I would say it is very miniscule. Probably less than 1/2 of 1 per cent globally. Certainly, we are not the target demographic.
1/2 Half of one percent of the world is 38 million people or slightly more than 10% of the USA's 360million.
All the fans of all types and sanctions of US drag racing makeup 1% of the US population at best or 3,600,000. Hardcore traditionalists are what? Maybe 10% of that or 360,000? No way to know for sure.
Old 04-10-2018

As I mentioned before, I was in Sec F Row 33 and there were a lot of open seats in that area. There was actually more on Sunday than on Saturday. I walked through the pits in the morning and did not leave my seat all day. Perhaps some of them were along the fence but certainly not enough to fill all of the seats in my area. I guess maybe there were many no shows who bought the tickets but did not attend? Both days had great attendance but it just didn't seem like they were sold out.
Old 04-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by a21stud View Post
1/2 Half of one percent of the world is 38 million people or slightly more than 10% of the USA's 360million.
All the fans of all types and sanctions of US drag racing makeup 1% of the US population at best or 3,600,000. Hardcore traditionalists are what? Maybe 10% of that or 360,000? No way to know for sure.
I don't think he's talking about 1/2 of one percent of the global population...but, the entire Drag Racing fan base. That would be more accurate. I would find it very hard to believe that there are more than 100,000 people in the US or across the globe who are 'hardcore traditionalist fans'. Maybe 50,000 - but even that's a high figure.
Old 04-11-2018

I know my opinion is wrong....

I follow drag racing closely. I like the 4 wide.

I just don't like that it's a points event.

Back in my hole.

Who cares?
Old 04-11-2018

There are no wrong opinions unless its based on incorrect information.

The way you feel about something can't be wrong. If you like it..you like it, no need to apologize.
Old 04-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer12306 View Post
I know my opinion is wrong....

I follow drag racing closely. I like the 4 wide.

I just don't like that it's a points event.

Back in my hole.
I've been to the Charlotte 4 wide a couple times, and I do like the intensity of 4 nitro cars launching at the same time. Also nothing like that rare run where 4 TF Dragsters run within 3 or 4 tenths of each other. That being said, the whole race is just over with too quick.