CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksense View Post
Does anyone know if they will start with qualify today with four wides? If my buddy comes through with the tickets today I am planning on taking my daughter to take in the four wides. Curious to see and feel the 4wides.
Hi Worksense:

Yes - every session of the Mello Yello Series will be four-wide. Today they get two qualifying sessions - around 1:30 and 4 pm. Tomorrow, two more qualifying quads with eliminations (4-wide) on Sunday.

You'll also see 4-wide Fuel Altereds today....
Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim charlet View Post
you'll also see 4-wide fuel altereds today....
video please!!!

Who cares?
Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
You'll also see 4-wide Fuel Altereds today....
WOW!! I would love to just see a pair.

I'm old enough that they were popular when I was young but I have to admit I don't remember ever seeing them on the track.

Wasn't there a cover of an old Hot Rod or some other mag with a fuel altered doing a huge, gasoline-fuled, flaming burnout?
Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
JR Todd right there with him.
Old 04-06-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Weinstein View Post
I hate to go here but this is so full of crap. In all my experience with Alan at the track including times down in Tucson, at the boat races and NHRA events he has always been a complete professional and done a lot to help promote drag racing and the NHRA. I've also emailed to him back n forth several times with questions and he has always answered them promptly and professionally. I have never seen Alan act or talk in a way that was unprofessional or do a bad job in representing the NHRA. To think he represents drag racing and the NHRA in an unprofessional manner is utter crap
I've been wrong before and I may be here... but I believe this is partly due to AR's response to Hemi's post that added to the irritation some folks already have over his large red, italic, bold, font on the dark grey background that is hard to read. Here's HEMI's post and AR's response:

Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Word on the street is the MOPAR people made Turk give up his 7 second engine to Pritchet prior the Gators. I was told this by two people who would know, one being a FSS Mustang racer.

Not True. And my source is Geoff Turk. Care to name yours? Geoff did loan his back up motor to Leah's team, that's why he didn't have a spare when he hurt the engine in Gainesville. But MOPAR didn't make him do anything.

Alan

Yes, I changed it to "wheat" color so you could read it...

You have to admit that AR response doesn't sound very "NHRA Press Release Buttery".
Does AR need to be? No, but then he opens himself to criticism.

Personally, I kind of like folks being able to say what they think... as long as it doesn't get rude. And here AR is just a little in HEMI's face but at the same time, he's protecting Leah and Geoff Turk.
Cool to have friends like him...
If we don't give some grace here, nobody can win and we all lose.
We don't really need a winner. Just understanding.

Who was that guy that said: "Can't we all just get along?"
Old 04-06-2018

Ok... I went to the Gator's to see FS/XX and nitro.
To see AA/FA four wide makes me wish that I'd flown out to Vegas.
Wild stuff! Hopefully "buku video" to come!
Bet the photog's motor drives get a workout!
Old 04-06-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb301 View Post
Force hopes the body isn't flying this weekend.
Let's hope so!
Old 04-06-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
He has stated numerous times on the other message boards that he does not speak for the NHRA. Is he also not allowed to his own personal opinion? He has to be held to some higher standard because he announces stuff? Then again the way McGaha, Kramer, and Nick Ferri have been treated on here, if I worked in or around the sport I sure wouldn't take the time to comment on "these here interwebs."
Let's stop for a minute and address this. Reinhart, McGaha and other professionals have all given it as good as they got it IMO. I've seen a Pro Bike Champ berate lower level amateur racers with considerably less funding for not attending races as an example that Pros don't hold back any more than fans do online. Yes, they are allowed to have a personal opinion and just because they're "professionals" doesn't mean that opinion is not subject to scrutiny. As long as no one is suffering a personal attack, then opposing posts are within every poster's rights. Constructive feedback is one of the great things about forums. Its a chance to have discussion with others you may never meet in person but share a kinship with about the sport.
Old 04-06-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Its kind of hard to feel like you can give a valid opinion on something you haven't seen in person. I'm not sure its a fair assessment to judge something by camera views on TV. I don't know... just thinking out loud because many will see 4-Wide for the first time out west here and maybe they would vote differently after the event...?
Old 04-06-2018

Just looked at the first of Drag Race Central's Q-1 postings.
Sure would be informative if they also listed what lane the run was in.
With a new 4W track it will be interesting to know what lane is popping out the best runs. Yeah, I know, it could be the crew chief missed on the tire spinner lane but I would still like to know. Stats drive drag racing...

Since I'm asking... It would be nice for DRC to also list the make or model of car at the end of the drivers name on all postings. I really don't have these guys rides in every class memorized and doubt that the large majority of their readers do either. Stat's drive drag racing... give me stats!