CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-11-2017
Super Moderator

Default NHRA Pro Mod Rule Change

Based on performance numbers from the 2016 NHRA J&A Service Pro Mod Racing Series season, the NHRA Technical Department is decreasing the minimum weight of the Nitrous assisted entries by 25 pounds. The new allowable minimum weight for Nitrous assisted entries will be limited to a minimum of 2,450 pounds. Additionally, maximum supercharger overdrive will be increased from 14.55 to 20.00 for Supercharged entries. These rule changes will go into effect immediately.
Old 01-11-2017

I like it! We're not slowing down the turbos, just speeding up everyone else!
Old 01-12-2017

Funny how NHRA works tirelessly to achieve ProMod parity - yet here's two cars with totally different combinations, in a class (ProX) that allows any size engine, any size and type of supercharger, and stacked power adders - and they wind up this close to running equal passes - stunningly quick and fast passes at that. Everybody's seen this, but it's worth another look.

Madman vs. Turky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgKtABk1PPg
Old 01-12-2017
Super Moderator

I think they've earned it. Six years (I think its been) at the same OD and they've done very well there but there's been more than a few times they came up a tic short. In reality, this could prove to tighten things up even more than they already were! I'm a little concerned for the nitrous guys because 25 lbs is really only good for maybe 3-4 hundreths and that isn't enough to hold off the turbo cars.

I think we'll see a GALOT car in the winner's circle more than once. And its worth noting that guys like Rowe, Farber and Janis ran the series back when the OD was in the 20's so they know how to make it work too. Once again, it could be anyone that wins which is one of the things that has made this series so outstanding!
Old 01-12-2017

Mike Janis I think is gonna be running a new combination with sonny Leonard help