CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > Competition Collectibles

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Lionel 2018 John Force Peak 1:64th NHRA Hauler

Tampo-printed graphics & high quality paint.
Rolling wheels.
Tail gate opens on trailer.
ETA: September 2018

http://www.hoolagator.com.au/?produc...th-nhra-hauler
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thank you for all of your answers on being able to sell diecast cars on CP. I went the Ebay route.

It took about 1 month to sell just about 100 cars. The cars were from 1996 to 2002.

Made about 18 cents on the dollar from what I paid for them. They were bought 3 lives ago so I look at as new found money.

I actually made money on 1 car. Worsham Mountain Dew car sold for $81.

Biggest losers:
2000 John Force test car paid $125, sold for $15.
1996 Whit Bazemore RCCA Smokin Joe's paid $125, sold for $10. This was the one with the Pontiac body and should have been worth more.

BIKES sold for $30 to $50. Winston, James Dean, Jurassic Park.
PS sold for $25 to $41.
John force cars were very disappointing. Got decent money for the 2001 color chrome dragsters. Army, Bud, Yankees, Shirley.

Found out that the 1/16 cars are the one's to buy from 2003 to now. Scelzi and Bazemore cars over 100. Not sure what they sold for.

Anyway, a vendor that I talked to at the track said he would only give 750 for all of them. I made 2.5 times that.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
Thank you for all of your answers on being able to sell diecast cars on CP. I went the Ebay route.

It took about 1 month to sell just about 100 cars. The cars were from 1996 to 2002.

Made about 18 cents on the dollar from what I paid for them. They were bought 3 lives ago so I look at as new found money.

I actually made money on 1 car. Worsham Mountain Dew car sold for $81.

Biggest losers:
2000 John Force test car paid $125, sold for $15.
1996 Whit Bazemore RCCA Smokin Joe's paid $125, sold for $10. This was the one with the Pontiac body and should have been worth more.

BIKES sold for $30 to $50. Winston, James Dean, Jurassic Park.
PS sold for $25 to $41.
John force cars were very disappointing. Got decent money for the 2001 color chrome dragsters. Army, Bud, Yankees, Shirley.

Found out that the 1/16 cars are the one's to buy from 2003 to now. Scelzi and Bazemore cars over 100. Not sure what they sold for.

Anyway, a vendor that I talked to at the track said he would only give 750 for all of them. I made 2.5 times that.
Yeah unfortunately diecast is just like beanie babies was popular and valuable at one point now something that once would have sold for a hundred goes for 5
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Lionel 2018 John Force Peak 1:64th NHRA Hauler

Tampo-printed graphics & high quality paint.
Rolling wheels.
Tail gate opens on trailer.
ETA: September 2018

http://www.hoolagator.com.au/?produc...th-nhra-hauler
Something looks not quite accurate on the trailer. Shouldn't there be some black towards the front? It always seems when they make haulers they don't 100% recreate the design
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by odspice14 View Post
Yeah unfortunately diecast is just like beanie babies was popular and valuable at one point now something that once would have sold for a hundred goes for 5
Unfortunately there are now only a few in 1/24 that are still giving good returns. One of them is Garlits Swamp Rat XXX. 3,000 pieces made (which is alot these days) and the last one sold for $170. There is one up now and it's currently at $150:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-DON-GA...wAAOSwiDpbJuXL

But you're right, 1/24 have hit rock bottom. A good time for buyers though. I was trying to only acquire the championship cars before my budget went to my large 1:1 "diecast" (1988 Trans Am GTA) that needs some work.

Milestone's 1/16 are still good ones. They're hitting upwards of $300+.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think part of the problem with the 90s cars was they made way to many. Jerry Toliver with more than 10000 production run was crazy. Force cars had way to many made. You had Action, Mac Tools, and RCCA production runs.

I think my biggest loss was a lot of 2 Scelzi Winston Dragsters that sold for 7.49. 97 ans 02.

5 buyers bought 90% of the cars. It was crazy that cars would sell for 20 one week and the same car could sell for twice that amount the next month.

Anyway, they are gone.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Unfortunately there are now only a few in 1/24 that are still giving good returns. One of them is Garlits Swamp Rat XXX. 3,000 pieces made (which is alot these days) and the last one sold for $170. There is one up now and it's currently at $150:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-DON-GA...wAAOSwiDpbJuXL

But you're right, 1/24 have hit rock bottom. A good time for buyers though. I was trying to only acquire the championship cars before my budget went to my large 1:1 "diecast" (1988 Trans Am GTA) that needs some work.

Milestone's 1/16 are still good ones. They're hitting upwards of $300+.
I wish Milestone was still around. Just imagine how cool the canopy dragsters and funny car bodies that have came out since they stopped production would look in 1/16th scale

I just look at my diecast collection as cool wall decorations. I have cut down in what I buy because I'm disappointed that they keep taking detail away.
Old 1 Week Ago

Drag Outlaws will be a series of killer street drag machines
1965 Chevrolet 1:18th El Camino that has been finished in gloss black with white stripes by Acme

Features:
Opening Doors & Tailgate
Highly Detailed Blown Chevrolet 572 Engine
Pose-able Steering
Tilting Front Seats
Wheelie Bars
Drag Parachutes
Removable Hood
Rear Licence Plate Plug Option
Drag Wheels & Tyres
ETA:November 2018
Limited Production of 750 Models World Wide