CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > Competition Collectibles

Old 10-19-2014

wow,lookin good bro
Old 06-06-2015

Doing any building comp1839?

Always looked forward to your updates!
Old 01-09-2017

Sorry to drag this thread up from the depths, but I am sitting here with my jaw dropped, in complete amazement.

I signed up for the forum specifically for to compliment comp1839. I've never seen this kind of detail or craftsmanship on a scale model before. Such amazing work; the amount of hours dedicated to this must be unimaginable. I think I have a new "favorite build thread" now, surpassing the legendary full size Terrible Herbst triple Trophy Trucks:

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/thr...hing-new.31417.

For those, like me, who have never seen comp1839's work before, there is an almost endless showcase of it here:

http://s243.photobucket.com/user/comp1839/library

It includes more gems like this:

Old 01-11-2017

bigtone, thank you for the kind words. the camaro has been put on hold for awhile but, i promise it will get finished one day. as you can guess these cars take quite a bit of time to build and the real car was sold since i started this build. this kinda took all the steam outa my sails so, it will get finished. possibly in a different configuration. right now i'm doing a fictitious top dragster build with that sonny hemi you posted. hope you enjoy!

http://s243.photobucket.com/home/comp1839
Old 01-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by comp1839 View Post
right now i'm doing a fictitious top dragster build with that sonny hemi you posted. hope you enjoy!
The fact that the Sonny Hemi isn't a full size deal blows me away. Almost nothing in that picture gives it away. I found the Top Dragster build thread and figured it would be ok to post the Sonny pic here. Hope that was ok.

You may have created a monster. I used to build models as a kid, and full size moly chassis drag cars as a young adult. Now I'm seeing how those two loves can combine in a small, clean corner of my shop. I wonder how much a Sherline mill / lathe combo is anyways? Hmmm...

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll be the guy with the beer / booze / donuts / whatever-it-takes begging for a shop tour. I might ask to be your apprentice in exchange for keeping the shop clean and mowing the lawn. I'd just need a small corner for a mat to sleep on.
Old 03-20-2017

added daves work to my favorites.unbelieveable.blown away before,his work is just awesome.thanks for postin this man.wish he would come on here again