CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > CompetitionPlus Forums > General discussion

Old 08-19-2013

Default Report on the party

Lots of fun for Isky's 92nd Birthday party. Along with Ed - "Big Mac" MC'd & we surprised him with the Dave McClelland tower. Fritz Voigt, Paul Pffaf & Arlen Kurtis were recognized. Arlen drove up one of his original Cad powered Kurtis roadsters (500M) that has been completely restored & won the Concours d'Excellance. We had great stories from every one on the old days from Drag Racing to Indy to Boat Drags (Arlen's specialty (Kurtis Craft) & sponsor of Eddie Hill) to Sprint Cars & Midgets as well as stories about characters in racing. Fritz was the main guy for Mickey Thompson. Special car show judge Ed "Ace" McCulloch picked a 1947 Mercury coupe belonging to Glen Adkins as the car he would want to drive around in. The competition cars sounded good & impressed with their noise. Lots of nice trophies made from what else - Isky Cams & Arias Pistons (Nick was still not back from Bonneville so we missed him). Shakedown Dave came up on his "Ironhead" and hung out. Wish him the best on his pending heart surgery. Will get with Willy on the best way to download pictures.
Old 08-23-2013

had a great time at the party and the whole weekend.hangin out with roger is priceless.seein an old friend and fellow sfv old time custom painter bob bruett(he's a local up there now)was pretty great.seemed like there were quite a few more show cars this year(still no motorcycle trophy,lol).roger got a real nice award for all the hard work he puts into this.and he puts a ton of work into it.talked to dave mac for a long time.and of course hung out with ed.i sent my memory card to willy so he can upload my photos on here(no luck on my end).was a great weekend before my heart surgery(got rescheduled yesterday until next thursday).cant wait until next year.start makin plans to come out willy
Old 10-29-2013

Old 10-29-2013

couple of youngsters
Old 10-30-2013
Administrator

You keep good company Dave....

----------------------------

Tags
birthday, ed iskendarian, isky