CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 04-13-2008

Default Oh brother..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Without the other classes nitro would die. Comparing nitro to Pro Stock is a little like comparing fake wrestling with real wrestling. Yes, I like nitro but realize they are not the true Kings.
Bobby, I think he's a lost cause..........
Old 04-13-2008

Quote:
Jon Asher again doesn't know what he's talking about.....
..... says the man who bases his opinion of drag-racing's biggest star on Disney-movies.....
Old 04-13-2008
SundayNiagara

Quote:
To many nitro fans don't face the fact that drag racing is a diversity of different types of racing cars. They are just a part of it. Yes, Funny is the most popular but it is not because they are the best racers or the most exciting class. The media and Nhra fight desperately to make people believe these nitro classes are the best. Advertising and showing their recks and explosions other and other. The endless big billing puts them at the top. Yet, PS, PM and Bikes are still very popular. Can you imagine where they be with a level playing field. Without the other classes nitro would die. Comparing nitro to Pro Stock is a little like comparing fake wrestling with real wrestling. Yes, I like nitro but realize they are not the true Kings.
And this has what to do with the price of tea in Yugoslavia?
Old 04-13-2008
LVracefan

Quote:
To many nitro fans don't face the fact that drag racing is a diversity of different types of racing cars. They are just a part of it. Yes, Funny is the most popular but it is not because they are the best racers or the most exciting class. The media and Nhra fight desperately to make people believe these nitro classes are the best. Advertising and showing their recks and explosions other and other. The endless big billing puts them at the top. Yet, PS, PM and Bikes are still very popular. Can you imagine where they be with a level playing field. Without the other classes nitro would die. Comparing nitro to Pro Stock is a little like comparing fake wrestling with real wrestling. Yes, I like nitro but realize they are not the true Kings.
Are you on drugs?
Old 04-13-2008
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVracefan
Are you on drugs?
You can't handle the truth. Huh!
Old 04-14-2008

Default .........??????????..........

Man, I haven't posted in quite some time, but **** Larry, you are about the most stuborn person I've ever run across !!!!!!!!!!..............Hey I love you man, but don't you think just maybe you should be spending a little bit more time with your new bride !!!!!!!!!!!!...........And no, I don't want you to go away............but................oh well.............E
Old 04-14-2008
Banned

Smile Torco Competition A Great Site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E BRUNS
Man, I haven't posted in quite some time, but **** Larry, you are about the most stuborn person I've ever run across !!!!!!!!!!..............Hey I love you man, but don't you think just maybe you should be spending a little bit more time with your new bride !!!!!!!!!!!!...........And no, I don't want you to go away............but................oh well.............E
You might be right EB. I'll become a little more mellow in my comments. I guess I''ll pay more attention to my wonderful bride. Love you guys too, even those who disagree with me. This is a great site. Jon if you are listening you are a great writer and I apologiize for being somewhat offensive.
Old 04-14-2008

Quote:
Jon Asher again doesn't know what he's talking about. He saids the attendance for the spring race at Las Vegas was down substantially. Wrong. I actually think the attendance was up over last year. I believe there were more empty seats on Friday and Saturday at last year's spring race. Las Vegas will always be the race most affected by a turndown in the economy. Many people have to fly into this race. That's why Nascar is always concerned in holding a second race here. The crowds for the first four races were actually up over last years same day crowds. Except for Phoenix and Gainesville on Friday which were rained out. NHRA is doing very well during this slow down. Except for Vegas and perhaps Indy NHRA attendance will do quite well in 2008 if the weather is good. If you'll recall Asher usually pulls out his NHRA attendance is sinking routine every year.
Since I wasn't at the race, what were the actual paid attendence numbers you're basing this on? Not trying to argue I'm just a numbers type of guy. Since the numbers in EVERY other sport in the US has been down over the past few years, I wouldn't see how Drag racing isn't.
Old 04-14-2008
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbGuy
Since I wasn't at the race, what were the actual paid attendence numbers you're basing this on? Not trying to argue I'm just a numbers type of guy. Since the numbers in EVERY other sport in the US has been down over the past few years, I wouldn't see how Drag racing isn't.
I know someone at the strip. But the numbers were similar to last year. The spring race is always weaker than the fall under same conditions. So far this year Pomona attendance solid up over last year , Phoenix solid up-except Friday rainout, Gainesville down small-but Friday rainout, Houston way up even with rain threat-last year had total rainout Saturday, LV equal or small down. At this point the attendance for NHRA is probably about right on track with last year. But this recession may start to take its toll. Although with the extra race at Charlotte this still could be another record year. As always the weather may be a bigger factor than the economy.
Old 04-14-2008
LVracefan

Quote:
I know someone at the strip. But the numbers were similar to last year. The spring race is always weaker than the fall under same conditions. So far this year Pomona attendance solid up over last year , Phoenix solid up-except Friday rainout, Gainesville down small-but Friday rainout, Houston way up even with rain threat-last year had total rainout Saturday, LV equal or small down. At this point the attendance for NHRA is probably about right on track with last year. But this recession may start to take its toll. Although with the extra race at Charlotte this still could be another record year. As always the weather may be a bigger factor than the economy.
Ah the ole I know a guy that knows a guy source.........

Tags
asher, crazy talk, nhra, up front