CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-23-2008
USA-1 USA-1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: deep-staged in Florida
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000.


Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000.


Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000.
  #12  
Old 07-23-2008
Positrack Positrack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 236
Default

I think the number of people that actually attend the events is up, but I think overall, promotion and television viewership is down this year. Of course I have nothing to support that, it's just my feeling.

Side note.... what was up with that terrible and condensed 1 hour show of Saturday qualifying on ESPN2? Surely they could have cut back an hour of their 16 hours of NASCAR qualifying to give NHRA a 2 hour show. Not only was I disappointed with the length, but the production and sequencing of the Saturday show was just terrible.
  #13  
Old 07-23-2008
Kingnitro Kingnitro is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000. 2500 Funny fans and 500 tf fans. It is about diversity, my friends and I would not go to a nitro only race.
Larry you get pissy everytime someone rags on you because you like PS! Then why must you rag on everyone who likes Fuel cars?
  #14  
Old 07-23-2008
gary4205
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrack
I think the number of people that actually attend the events is up, but I think overall, promotion and television viewership is down this year. Of course I have nothing to support that, it's just my feeling.

Side note.... what was up with that terrible and condensed 1 hour show of Saturday qualifying on ESPN2? Surely they could have cut back an hour of their 16 hours of NASCAR qualifying to give NHRA a 2 hour show. Not only was I disappointed with the length, but the production and sequencing of the Saturday show was just terrible.
Live night time Nationwide race. And it's gonna get worse, because ESPN will be covering the Cup races for the rest of the season, which means one more racing series will have terrible coverage!

I agree about the show. One hour could have been fine, but the editing was all out of kilter.
  #15  
Old 07-23-2008
NitroNate's Avatar
NitroNate NitroNate is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrack
I think the number of people that actually attend the events is up, but I think overall, promotion and television viewership is down this year. Of course I have nothing to support that, it's just my feeling.
I thought I heard that the TV ratings were up 30% this year.
__________________
"The key to flexibility is indecision"
http://www.youtube.com/Bsonoma
  #16  
Old 07-23-2008
Jerry Gilles's Avatar
Jerry Gilles Jerry Gilles is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnitro
Larry you get pissy everytime someone rags on you because you like PS! Then why must you rag on everyone who likes Fuel cars?
cuz Larry is a lil b- yotch
  #17  
Old 07-23-2008
gary4205
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gilles
cuz Larry is a lil b- yotch
No, he just likes Pro Stock.
  #18  
Old 07-23-2008
ramcharger's Avatar
ramcharger ramcharger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easton, Maryland
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000. 2500 Funny fans and 500 tf fans. It is about diversity, my friends and I would not go to a nitro only race.
Larry....you and your six friends wouldn't be missed. I like Pro Stock too and PS Bike but Nitro is the show...your scenario is more like what happens when Pro Stock Bike comes up. There's 3500 people left in the stands because everyone is either taking a leak before Top Fuel/Funny Car, getting a beer, checking out the warmups in Nitro Alley or screwing their girlfriend behind a trailer. MUCH better things to do than watch Pro Stock or Pro Stock bike.
__________________
Ramcharger

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

  #19  
Old 07-23-2008
SundayNiagara
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They're all good, with the exception of the "super" classes, which should be relegated to the points meets. Replace them with Top Dragster/Sportsman.
  #20  
Old 07-23-2008
Bernie Eccelstone's Avatar
Bernie Eccelstone Bernie Eccelstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calvi, Corsica
Posts: 687
Default

[QUOTE=larrydavis427] Seattle with great weather had capacity size crowds Saturday and Sunday. QUOTE]


no it didnt...not even close.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.