CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-23-2008

I think the number of people that actually attend the events is up, but I think overall, promotion and television viewership is down this year. Of course I have nothing to support that, it's just my feeling.

Side note.... what was up with that terrible and condensed 1 hour show of Saturday qualifying on ESPN2? Surely they could have cut back an hour of their 16 hours of NASCAR qualifying to give NHRA a 2 hour show. Not only was I disappointed with the length, but the production and sequencing of the Saturday show was just terrible.
Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000. 2500 Funny fans and 500 tf fans. It is about diversity, my friends and I would not go to a nitro only race.
Larry you get pissy everytime someone rags on you because you like PS! Then why must you rag on everyone who likes Fuel cars?
Old 07-23-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrack
I think the number of people that actually attend the events is up, but I think overall, promotion and television viewership is down this year. Of course I have nothing to support that, it's just my feeling.

Side note.... what was up with that terrible and condensed 1 hour show of Saturday qualifying on ESPN2? Surely they could have cut back an hour of their 16 hours of NASCAR qualifying to give NHRA a 2 hour show. Not only was I disappointed with the length, but the production and sequencing of the Saturday show was just terrible.
Live night time Nationwide race. And it's gonna get worse, because ESPN will be covering the Cup races for the rest of the season, which means one more racing series will have terrible coverage!

I agree about the show. One hour could have been fine, but the editing was all out of kilter.
Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrack
I thought I heard that the TV ratings were up 30% this year.
Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnitro
Larry you get pissy everytime someone rags on you because you like PS! Then why must you rag on everyone who likes Fuel cars?
cuz Larry is a lil b- yotch
Old 07-23-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gilles
cuz Larry is a lil b- yotch
No, he just likes Pro Stock.
Old 07-23-2008

Quote:
And with nitro only the crowds would shrink to about 3,000. 2500 Funny fans and 500 tf fans. It is about diversity, my friends and I would not go to a nitro only race.
Larry....you and your six friends wouldn't be missed. I like Pro Stock too and PS Bike but Nitro is the show...your scenario is more like what happens when Pro Stock Bike comes up. There's 3500 people left in the stands because everyone is either taking a leak before Top Fuel/Funny Car, getting a beer, checking out the warmups in Nitro Alley or screwing their girlfriend behind a trailer. MUCH better things to do than watch Pro Stock or Pro Stock bike.

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 07-23-2008
SundayNiagara

They're all good, with the exception of the "super" classes, which should be relegated to the points meets. Replace them with Top Dragster/Sportsman.
Old 07-23-2008
Banned

[QUOTE=larrydavis427] Seattle with great weather had capacity size crowds Saturday and Sunday. QUOTE]

no it didnt...not even close.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk