CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009

but larry is comparing to 32 nitro teams running on sunday, opposed to 16 pro stocks running on sunday, so they have twice the cars so twice the fans pick nitro instead of choosing top fuel or funny car.

what larry cant seem to understand, is if pro stock was more popular, there would be two pro stock classes or two door slammer pro classes running on sunday.
Old 06-12-2009
Tim5636sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
My main point is that NHRA screwed Pro Stock by not having at least one Pro Stock car and driver on Wall Street. Shame on NHRA for having their heads in the sand. They still have this left coast mentality when it comes to bodied cars.
LARRY...this post will go down in history as the one in which I finally agree with those who have stated LARRY DAVIS JUST DON'T GET IT.....

THIS EVENT WAS TO SHOWCASE THE SPONSORS WHO TRADE ON THE NYSE....THE ANCILLARY BENEFIT WAS NHRA DRAG RACING WAS THE RECIPIENT OF SOME PRESS.

LET'S GO THROUGH THE LIST AND SEE WHICH NHRA PRO STOCK SPONSORED CARS ARE TRADED ON THE NYSE:

- Summit...... uh.... NOPE...
- JEG'S.........uh....NADA....
- CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS....NASDAQ-CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR.....
- GOT MOPAR???.....(direct quote from wiki-invest) There are no pages with "MOPAR" in the title
- AC DELCO.......NOPE
- K & N FILTERS.....SORRY
- KENDALL OIL..... SORRY V...
- VALVOLINE????.....NOT THAT ONE EITHER....
- WILEY X SUNGLASSES......DRUM ROLL PLEASE........................................(RIM SHOT)

STRIKE NINE.... TAKE A SEAT!

So PLEASE.... After this information you've just seen.... please tell me why NHRA should have had any Pro Stock Cars at the NYSE event???
Old 06-12-2009
Administrator

Did you ever notice that the lines at the beer stands more than double in length when a round of nitro ends?

----------------------------
Old 06-12-2009
Banned

Talking NHRA Brings PS to Wall Street!!

Tom Compton just announced: "At 12:00 noon Monday following the Englishtown Supernationals the 16 cars who qualify in Pro Stock will be parked on Wall Street at the opening bell." "Following the opening bell at 11:00 am Wall Street will be blocked off and the 16 car field will run 1/8 mile eliminations." "The winner take all will receive 100,000 shares of GM and Chrysler stock!!" Thanks NHRA that will more than make up for snubbing this greatest drag racing class.
Old 06-12-2009
Super Moderator

Question

Quote:
Tom Compton just announced: "At 12:00 noon Monday following the Englishtown Supernationals the 16 cars who qualify in Pro Stock will be parked on Wall Street at the opening bell." "Following the opening bell at 11:00 am Wall Street will be blocked off and the 16 car field will run 1/8 mile eliminations." "The winner take all will receive 100,000 shares of GM and Chrysler stock!!" Thanks NHRA that will more than make up for snubbing this greatest drag racing class.
What are you smokin' dude???
Old 06-12-2009

Quote:
Pro Stock is arguably the second most popular class in drag racing. It ranks right in with TF. Funny car first, PS second and TF third. NHRA has always given PS the short end of the publicity. Given equal billing I think it would handily defeat TF for second place. On polls done PS has defeated TF in popularity. You use the word nitro. Sorry that's more than one class. With people voting for all their favorite classes I believe PS can finish second. The fields in TF are somewhat weak and there for NHRA should give equal billing to PS.
You're making a mistake in reading the data provided.

You're reading a survey that asks people what their favorite class is. I'd say it would be an easy guess that 90% (And I'm being kind here) of the people who answered FC would also put Top Fuel in front of Pro Stock. Dropping pro stock to arguably the third position.
Old 06-13-2009
Administrator

Larry,

Here is the straight scoop, two Pro Stockers were invited to participate and they turned down the NHRA. Drop the conspiracy theory, they were invited and declined. End of story.

Bobby
Old 06-13-2009
Banned

Smile Thanks For The Straight Scoop!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by competition View Post
Larry,

Here is the straight scoop, two Pro Stockers were invited to participate and they turned down the NHRA. Drop the conspiracy theory, they were invited and declined. End of story.

Bobby
Thanks for the straight scoop. I'm glad that at least NHRA invited 2 of them. It's amazing to me that with all the publicity on the Wall Street appearance that PS racers and their sponsors would turn down this opportunity. I realize that PS drivers and teams are hands on racers and their time is important to them. But I still think NHRA gives this great class of PS the short end of the stick.
Old 06-13-2009

Quote:

larry,,,, you make me laugh and grin so often,,,, keep it up,,,,,somedays with the state of things and gov't it hard to laugh,,,, and you provide the comic relief

and boy is erica enders,,all dolled and glossed up in makeup on her car trailer
woo!!!woo!!!!

DNQ????
Old 06-13-2009
CrewGuy

Quote:
For the opening of Wall St. NHRA had not one representative from the great Pro Stock class. The ones who attended had major sponsors from Ford Funny, a second Ford Funny, Lucas Oil TF, Quaker State Funny, Matco Tools TF, Geigo Motorcycle and a Harley Motorcycle. I guess they wanted the major sponsors from outside of drag racing. But no big sponsors in PS like Summit Racing and Jegs!! What's a little embarrassing is that there were no sponsors represented from Chrysler and GM in Pro Stock. Although I understand their reasoning that these great drag racing supporters being bankrupt. I could be wrong but I believe only Tony P. has been a world champ among these drivers. NHRA should have at least had a Pro Stock Car on Wall Street. Or perhap a car and driver like Multiple Champion Greg Anderson sponsored by Summit Racing!!
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk, pro stock, wall street