CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 02-19-2012

Default Last Night Qualifying Show

Both Mrs. TopFuel@Lions and myself noticed a change in our viewpoint with last nights qualifying show. The coverage to us seemed much more focused on the on track action and was very crisp. Not too many fluff sidebars like what kind of wax Ron Capps uses on his personal car. Just seemed like a better overall broadcast and we applaud espn and company for an enjoyable show. Thank you. Looking forward to tonights show.

TopFuel@Firebird........whoops.....TopFuel@Lions
Old 02-19-2012
Administrator

Agree!

Noticable also....the decision to move ESPN starting line camera crews (safety was the stated reason) over the wall and off the track makes for a less cluttered look on the tube, and I'm sure for the fans in the stands.

----------------------------
Old 02-19-2012

^ I saw that also. The cars seem more prominent without the TV crews (which advertisers will like) and pics didn't seem to suffer. Its nice to see that they are working on it, which is great news.

I wish they would have more night qualifying to start the show. Since the B-ball crowd was before this, I think that would be a good way to hold the younger crowd for at least the first 5 minutes of night fire before the first commercial. Continue with night qualifying and the last half of the show be more focused on who is not yet in the show and emerging storylines for Sunday.
Old 02-19-2012
Super Moderator

Cool

Yet sadly still an awful lot of JFR interviews and stories, like how well did Courtney do last week, everyone in the organization was asked that question including her!

Interesting that Tony P. was wearing a Toyota logo on his shirt while racing a Chevy.
Old 02-19-2012

I agree 100%! They cut out all of the unnecessary and insipid bullcrap like "sounds of the strip" etc. An action packed 1 1/2 show is a lot better than a 3 hour bore.
Old 02-19-2012

If you don't want JFR interviews, then don't watch the 1st round of T/F. It was the only storyline highlighted in the category while I was watching it on ESPN3. Of course it continued into the F/C class.

I don't mind them even though they are excessive. But hey, she's young and he makes the average (non drag racing) viewer laugh, so it's a double edge sword.

Tags
espn