CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 12-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
I pointed out that they do. But do you really think they'd quit those if Chevies stopped winning as many P/S races?
No. They just throw the money at the sanctioning bodies under the table. NHRA is glad to get it. They are going bankrupt.
Old 12-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemaster View Post
No. They just throw the money at the sanctioning bodies under the table. NHRA is glad to get it. They are going bankrupt.
Back to my original comment....if NHRA let Ford win a Pro Stock Championship I personally don't believe Chevy would "stick" around to watch that and keep contributing.
Old 12-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH3NO2Boat View Post
Back to my original comment....if NHRA let Ford win a Pro Stock Championship I personally don't believe Chevy would "stick" around to watch that and keep contributing.
Pro Stock alone isn't that important to any manufacturer anymore. Only Chevy cares enough to do anything for the guys with a P/S Camaro. Ford and Dodge don't see enough ROI to get excited about P/S.

It's the Pro Stock teams time to put up or shut up.
NHRA opened it up for Toyota, Nissan, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, KIA and even Volvot to get a body approved a few years ago with no takers. Now they can race with a Chevy based motor making competitive HP right from the start. Just maybe they will get a couple takers. Will even one of those companies mentioned try to get a body approved?

NHRA might be just letting those currently heavily invested either use up their stuff or get more people invested in the class.

Do any sponsors or manufacturers see enough potential return on their investment from the crowd that actually watches Pro Stock either in person or on the limited TV time to actually write the check('s) necessary for either body approval or additional Chevy and Dodges?

Or is Pro Stock and P/S Bike just NHRA's equivalent of "the 7th inning stretch" or "half time show"?

The NFL and MLB sell a lot of burgers, beer and merchandise during the 7th inning stretch and half time shows. NHRA sees their stands empting when the nitro isn't thundering. P/S and P/S Bike allow the fans time to buy lots of burgers, beer and t-shirts plus hit the rest rooms between nitro sessions. So maybe NHRA just doesn't care.

But if the Pro Stock entries don't increase will NHRA want to keep paying their P/S payout when both Pro Mod and the FS/XX cars "pay to play" by bring in their payout so NHRA doesn't have to?

How afraid of a P/S Truck lawsuit is NHRA? When will they try to find Pro Stock's version of J&A or a Tech School to sponsor Pro Stock? Can they get a Pro Stock sponsor? I bet they've been looking.
Old 12-14-2017

Quote:
with a big block chevy?
Old 12-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaketown dave View Post
with a big block chevy?
With a GM DRCE or Dodge Hemi. BB Chevy is not an approved engine.

Last edited by Racemaster; 12-15-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2017

Quote:
NHRA would never allow that.
Old 12-15-2017

Quote:
One more time, they aren't contributing anything to the class. Their only "contribution" to NHRA is their sponsoring a few national events, designing JFR's bodies and perhaps giving him some tech consultation. As to P/S, their only involvement is SELLING their DRCE blocks. It would make zero sense for them to pull their national event deals over them not dominating P/S. If they really cared hat much about it, they'd throw some support to a team or two. They have a vested interest in continued sales of the DRCE stuff. And if a DRCE euipped Ford were to start dominating, they's be all over that touting how a Ford had to run one of their engines in order to win...... again... only if they even cared that much about the class.

lol... I'm done with this debate about such a hypothetical sitution.