CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
If whover made the molds aren't interested in them, it's teling you something. As would it be if other body makers like 5 Star or Cynergy aren't interested in them.
If cows had wings they would fly...your if's tell me nothing

Unless you have proof that:
A) The bodies were made to be sold, not for personal use
B) 5 Star and Cynergy are aware of the molds being available and are not interested because it would be uneconomical

The GT-R is a very popular car, especially outside of the US. I believe there would be interest in these bodies, if marketed in the right places. Would I start a business just to sell GT-R bodies, no. But I would do my diligence if I owned a business that sold race car bodies.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouboy25 View Post
The GT-R is a very popular car, especially outside of the US. I believe there would be interest in these bodies, if marketed in the right places. Would I start a business just to sell GT-R bodies, no. But I would do my diligence if I owned a business that sold race car bodies.
I'd be amazed if both those companies and others haven't been contacted by the sales staff at RJRC. Maybe they just want to much $ for the molds.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I'd be amazed if both those companies and others haven't been contacted by the sales staff at RJRC. Maybe they just want to much $ for the molds.
Maybe this is our disconnect. The molds are not owned or being sold by RJRC. They are owned by an individual in Australia. It's possible RJRC knows they are for sell, but it's also possible they do not.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouboy25 View Post
Maybe this is our disconnect. The molds are not owned or being sold by RJRC. They are owned by an individual in Australia. It's possible RJRC knows they are for sell, but it's also possible they do not.
Are they not being advertised by RJRC and being sold by them on consignment?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Are they not being advertised by RJRC and being sold by them on consignment?
It appears from the ad posted that this person in Australia owns the mold as well as 2 of the 3 bodies created from the mold. The only connection to RJRC is they built the chassis's. I looked on RJRC's site, and do not see them advertising the GTR body.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

To be honest, I always expected Pro Stock would go one of 2 ways:
1) If it really is the PRO version of the 'Win on Sunday, sell on Monday' mantra, then to see Challengers, Copos, Demons, Corvettes, Mustangs etc is what you'd expect to see.
2) The other way I saw Pro Stock potentially going is in the direction of what ProFX is in Australia - GTRs, Toyota Scions, Mazdas running 6.00/240 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmUJyQ5N4U

Alan Reinhart did a great job of putting things into perspective on WFO last week. A class full of Camaros isn't good for anyone. If Chrysler isn't making parts for the class anymore, who can the purist fan really point the finger at? Nobody wants to watch 16 Camaros. Pro Stock is as stale as F%#$ right now - EFI, RPM limits and shorter wheelie bars didn't do anything to boost popularity, but new body styles is a big step in the right direction (and it's what the race fan can actually see, as opposed to an 'under the hood' change).
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think even the occasional fan is smarter and more engaged and brand-loyal than NHRA and many on here are giving them credit for. I think more will care and be bothered about Chevy engines in Ford and Dodge cars than what's being speculated.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Been saying this about all the camaros' for long time. Just too boring now. It's on its last legs now
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I think even the occasional fan is smarter and more engaged and brand-loyal than NHRA and many on here are giving them credit for. I think more will care and be bothered about Chevy engines in Ford and Dodge cars than what's being speculated.
Because of the name of the class, pro STOCK... If it was called N/A Pro, or Pro Mod, before Pro Mod came around, then no one would have a problem. Pro stock should be Pro Mod (A/PM) and Pro Mod should be Top Pro Mod (AA/PM) or something along those lines. And, this change should’ve been made pretty close to the time PM started. Because that is right around the same time PS started this wrong turn.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Results of the poll are in.....

....and to really no one's surprise Mustang is the top vote getter.

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...n-the-mustangs

----------------------------