CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Ouch. 30+ years. Hope there was a rather large severance check. I wonder if Kalitta has a pension plan for their employees.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Wow. To those of us regular fans on the outside, this is a shocker. I always figured the Oberhoffers have been with the team for so long, that they would end up running the operation after Connie dies. Especially since we don't ever hear anything about Doug continuing to be involved after Connie is gone. Maybe Doug WILL run the operation, but since he's so soft spoken we just don't hear anything about it.

At any rate, this is quite a shake-up, especially during the Countdown.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Ouch. 30+ years. Hope there was a rather large severance check. I wonder if Kalitta has a pension plan for their employees.
Ouch for who? Oberhoffer or Connie Kallita. If Oberhoffer told Kalitta he had a job with a competitor at the end of the year and was let go, no ouch for Oberhoffer, ouch for Kalitta losing a 30 year employee.

And people do lose jobs for underperforming, not happy about anyone losing job but sometimes good things come out of it, re Tommy Delago

Was Aaron Brooks hanging outside KAlitta Air, Ties to Ritchie Crampton
Old 3 Weeks Ago

You can mark this as one I never thought I would see coming. I would have figured that Jim O would take over after Connie was gone. All I hope is that is was amicable and there is still a family like bond between Connie and Jim O and all of the Oberhofers, after 30+ years it would sad if all that went away as well much like what happened with Austin Coil and John Force.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

daarnnnnnn did not see this coming
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. S. Clark View Post
Wow. To those of us regular fans on the outside, this is a shocker. I always figured the Oberhoffers have been with the team for so long, that they would end up running the operation after Connie dies. Especially since we don't ever hear anything about Doug continuing to be involved after Connie is gone. Maybe Doug WILL run the operation, but since he's so soft spoken we just don't hear anything about it.

At any rate, this is quite a shake-up, especially during the Countdown.
Full disclosure: I am not close to Jim O. I know several people in Kalitta organization but on a social basis. Two of the drivers are golf buddies.

Saying that: I am continually rooting for Kalitta teams. I like there is the opportunity for someone to challenge DSR in TF and DSR and Force in FC. However the TF teams have performed inadequately for the resources available to them. Doug and Richie either smoke the tires, blow up (a lot of that last year) or just lag in performance compared to others. Money certainly isn't an issue with Kalitta so you got to look at the "why" they TF teams are not more competitive. The DHL team has obviously had some good years - this one appears to be excellent.

My casual "heard on the street" is that Doug will manage the team when Connie is not around. He's a great businessman and no doubt will have the resources available.

IMHO.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
So am I, but it's not my job to let a secret out that's not my secret.

If you were looking to make an announcement regarding your business, would you want someone to put it out there and steal your thunder, just because they can?

I know that if I spilled every bean I am entrusted with, it would not be long until nobody gave me their beans anymore.

Alan
**** I wish you would change yer colored writing.really screws with my recent brain damage
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaketown dave View Post
**** I wish you would change yer colored writing.really screws with my recent brain damage
I like the red.
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
So am I, but it's not my job to let a secret out that's not my secret.

If you were looking to make an announcement regarding your business, would you want someone to put it out there and steal your thunder, just because they can?

I know that if I spilled every bean I am entrusted with, it would not be long until nobody gave me their beans anymore.

Alan
If you did spill the beans, you would not be well connected for long.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Oberhofer will tune the Kinsley driven Hennen owned car at the Fall Nationals in Dallas....

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...ster-in-dallas

----------------------------