CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default question for tony p

why the hell would doug kalitta try to let crampton?????????
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe37 View Post
why the hell would doug kalitta try to let crampton?????????
I think the point he was trying to make was that Crampton's car 'went into smoke' - to give Doug the round win. Doug being 0.220+ didn't help - especially with Ritchie being 0.045...

none the less - I pretty much phase him out of all commentary...
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
I think the point he was trying to make was that Crampton's car 'went into smoke' - to give Doug the round win. Doug being 0.220+ didn't help - especially with Ritchie being 0.045...

none the less - I pretty much phase him out of all commentary...
I didn't see it that way. He specifically blamed Doug's .221 RT as suspicious, which made no sense since Crampton isn't even in contention. "Doug doesn't do .221...I don't like that at all..." Well, yeah, Tony, sometimes the best racers get distracted - witness Dom Lagana's equally lazy .220 and Chris McGaha's -.321 early leave. It happens. Watched Force leave before the tree was activated once, then threaten to whip everybody in the timing tower afterwards. At least Chris didn't punch anybody that I'm aware of.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Also, What did Tony say about John Oberhofer that made John call out Tony during his interview after winning the semis?

John said something to the effect of "There are two championship crew chiefs on this car because I am one too..."
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Also the comment about the blower pulley loose on the race track turning 10,000 revolutions per SECOND....Geeez
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I have to agree he should be driving not in the booth. He stumbles over his words a lot, and for gods sake we know he is a champ and 43 time event winner. I wonder if that is what the producers make reif say?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Talking

They spend a lot of time discussing all the things that the tuner is responsible for. I know that the tuners are the ones with the magic wand but they are over doing it.

I wish they would spend less time on personal interviews and more coverage of the engineering that goes into the building the cars. I still see the cars as the stars! Driver personalities are interesting but they have all become puppets of NHRA and their sponsors. I understand why but not that important to me.

Billy Torrence says piss on them all. I am going for the championship. Priceless comment!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Tony may know the business end of fuel cars but that's about it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

funny,he also said that arana jr was going 200mph faster than the bike in the other lane a the 1/8 mile
Old 4 Weeks Ago

While i do not like tony in the booth, he was right in calling out team Kallitta.

Richie crampton smoking the tires so doug can advance. I do not blame him for calling them out. everyone is ready to call john force out when he smoked the tires against his teammate, i think against courtney last year in the countdown. and doug and Ritchie are sponsored by the same company, Stanley tools owns Mac Tools and now craftsman

My favorite quote of all time is from Tim Wilkerson in his words years ago, "If I was a multi car team and I was against a teammate and I needed the win, you would be smart to bet on me because they would lay down for me"

Derek Kramer greg anderson race???