CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post
While i do not like tony in the booth, he was right in calling out team Kallitta.

Richie crampton smoking the tires so doug can advance. I do not blame him for calling them out. everyone is ready to call john force out when he smoked the tires against his teammate, i think against courtney last year in the countdown. and doug and Ritchie are sponsored by the same company, Stanley tools owns Mac Tools and now craftsman

My favorite quote of all time is from Tim Wilkerson in his words years ago, "If I was a multi car team and I was against a teammate and I needed the win, you would be smart to bet on me because they would lay down for me"

Derek Kramer greg anderson race???
I still remember when Connie didn't even bother to come out of the pits so Scott can advance in his American International Airways dragster.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MNYTYS View Post
Also, What did Tony say about John Oberhofer that made John call out Tony during his interview after winning the semis?

John said something to the effect of "There are two championship crew chiefs on this car because I am one too..."
Jack Beckman was in the booth with Dave and Tony. Beckman was implying that JR Todd (DHL car) was getting by on luck. He then mentioned that the DHL car had Todd Smith who was a Championship Crew Chief and was responsible for the succcess JR Todd was having. He made no mention of John Oberhofer. Honestly it sounded like a spoiled brat talking smack. Didn't seem like there was much love between Beckman and the DHL team.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
I still remember when Connie didn't even bother to come out of the pits so Scott can advance in his American International Airways dragster.
When did he do that?

Alan
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
When did he do that?

Alan
Right team, wrong drivers, and they at least made a showing. Round 2 at the 1999 Visionaire Northstar Nationals in Brainerd. That season was one of the best in Top Fuel too.

Qua-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed-Rd-Qua-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed
3 Doug Kalitta 4.579 318.47 Q 6 Scott Kalitta 4.599 314.17
(R Parks ) 0.465 4.555 321.42 E1 (J Head ) 0.482 4.567 311.34
*****WINNER***** 0.360 8.735 96.38 E2 No Time
Doug is in the hunt for the championship, while Scott isn't, so team owner Connie Kalitta signals Scott to shut off after the burnout, handing the single, and those valuable Winston points, to Doug.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Right team, wrong drivers, and they at least made a showing. Round 2 at the 1999 Visionaire Northstar Nationals in Brainerd. That season was one of the best in Top Fuel too.

Qua-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed-Rd-Qua-Driver(Opp'nt)-RT-----ET---Speed
3 Doug Kalitta 4.579 318.47 Q 6 Scott Kalitta 4.599 314.17
(R Parks ) 0.465 4.555 321.42 E1 (J Head ) 0.482 4.567 311.34
*****WINNER***** 0.360 8.735 96.38 E2 No Time
Doug is in the hunt for the championship, while Scott isn't, so team owner Connie Kalitta signals Scott to shut off after the burnout, handing the single, and those valuable Winston points, to Doug.
I knew that, I was there. The point I was trying to make is that if Tony had said that, someone would jump on him and call him out that he made a mistake.

Like in this thread post #7 Thundercat says that Billy Torrance said something that Steve actually said. If Tony had said that it would be "Doesn't he know the difference between Steve and Billy?"

I'm not saying that Tony is perfect by any means, I'm just saying that we all make mistakes, even when you have a backspace button to fix them, that Tony doesn't have.

Just being conversational,
Alan
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I knew that, I was there. The point I was trying to make is that if Tony had said that, someone would jump on him and call him out that he made a mistake.

Like in this thread post #7 Thundercat says that Billy Torrance said something that Steve actually said. If Tony had said that it would be "Doesn't he know the difference between Steve and Billy?"

I'm not saying that Tony is perfect by any means, I'm just saying that we all make mistakes, even when you have a backspace button to fix them, that Tony doesn't have.

Alan
Post of the season
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:

Alan
Oh my God you're like the guy on Facebook that posts "I was there" on every classic NHRA picture!

I get your point 100%. I think the frequency in the mistakes and getting paid to make them might come into play. I know there is some leniency in my field of work, but, if after 2.5 years of being paid to do something, I am still not good at it, why do I still have that job?

Also just being conversational..
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by de31168 View Post
Oh my God you're like the guy on Facebook that posts "I was there" on every classic NHRA picture!

I get your point 100%. I think the frequency in the mistakes and getting paid to make them might come into play. I know there is some leniency in my field of work, but, if after 2.5 years of being paid to do something, I am still not good at it, why do I still have that job?

Also just being conversational..
I understand, you know what's funny? I talk for a living, and sometimes I screw up bad enough that I wish I could rewind and start over. Sometimes I make a joke about myself and do start over. But when I started writing, I will read and re-write, read and re-write, sometimes 6 times, then when it comes out in print I still find something I want to go back and change.

I always said that the best thing about live TV is it's over as soon as you say it, but when it's taped delayed, you always do it three times, then go with the first one anyway! LoL

John Mullin who was the Producer for Diamond P Sports back in the day was famous for watching a taped piece and saying "That was perfect! Let's do it one more time." He was a real ball buster...... LoL

And I have been to over 600 National Events, but who's counting?
Alan
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
I didn't see it that way. Dom Lagana's equally lazy .220
I guess you did not know that Lagana is a Blocker for Palmer and Torrence.

So Crampton laid down for Kalitta and Lagana laid down for scott Palmer.

I do not have a problem with it. NHRA use to say they would do something about team orders. Have not seen it since the don Schumacher team fiasco.

Unfortunately it hurts the Product by diluting the racing.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson77 View Post

So Crampton laid down for Kalitta and Lagana laid down for scott Palmer.
It was Doug that had the .2 something RT. And if JR laid down for Doug, it was an expensive job of doing so.