CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgty3whlr View Post
If he would just focus on driving and let the tuners do their job, he could be in the top half of the field all the time. I don't know what their working budget is but if it is enough, they can swing for the fence.
The resurrection of Cruz's operations is driven by a ton of hard work by Aaron Brooks last year. Almost an entirely new crew - several of which had never worked on a race car, let alone a nitro car. Three years of revolving crew members (500% turnover!) and no steady savvy crew chief takes its toll.

This year the addition of Glenn Hruza gives Aaron the confidence that the car will be serviced the right way and he can drive the tuneup more and more aggressively.

Yes, Cruz is more and more confident and I think (hope) backing off on tuning "suggestions." After all Aaron at Lucas and previously with AJ and Roger Burgess knows how to get power to the ground. As we all know the integration of new team members, new equipment and just the basics of assembling equipment the same way every time....it's hard.

Many previous discussions about single car team challenges and it's true. But there are examples where single car teams can succeed. Aaron is a smart man and is driven to make this work. I'm a big fan of Aaron so I'm biased.

We'll see how the rest of the year goes.
Old 05-18-2018

Very true. I have no doubt they will get better as the year goes on. Now that Aaron has the car going down the track they have something to build on....
Old 05-18-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfRacer View Post
The resurrection of Cruz's operations is driven by a ton of hard work by Aaron Brooks last year. Almost an entirely new crew - several of which had never worked on a race car, let alone a nitro car. Three years of revolving crew members (500% turnover!) and no steady savvy crew chief takes its toll.

This year the addition of Glenn Hruza gives Aaron the confidence that the car will be serviced the right way and he can drive the tuneup more and more aggressively.

Yes, Cruz is more and more confident and I think (hope) backing off on tuning "suggestions." After all Aaron at Lucas and previously with AJ and Roger Burgess knows how to get power to the ground. As we all know the integration of new team members, new equipment and just the basics of assembling equipment the same way every time....it's hard.

Many previous discussions about single car team challenges and it's true. But there are examples where single car teams can succeed. Aaron is a smart man and is driven to make this work. I'm a big fan of Aaron so I'm biased.

We'll see how the rest of the year goes.
Good post. I'm a Brooks fan too.
Old 05-18-2018

Say what you want about Cruz, but he has a top 3 car right now after they changed the track prep. I like seeing some new faces up front every once in awhile. Watching Cruz get his rear kicked the last few years has softened my stance against him.