CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinNY View Post
Man, Tanner Gray is really coming off more and more as a jerk. His incident last season with Alex Laughlin could have gone either way as far as who started it, but this one was indefensible. It would be one thing if he would've just apologized and moved on, but he just continued arguing when he was clearly at fault. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but I think this one got picked up by a tornado and carried a hundred miles from the tree.
What occurred for those of us not watching on All Access?
Old 05-19-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
What occurred for those of us not watching on All Access?
I didn't see it either...?
Old 05-19-2018

Gray cut in front of Erica during the turn off and she had to hit the brakes, a bit and apparently wasn't to pleased !
Old 05-19-2018
Super Moderator

Oh boy, they took too long on Haney's car and they red lit him.

Nice run Clint Satterfield!!! 5.86! Career best!
Old 05-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I didn't see it either...?
I saw it on the FS1 qualifying show. Tanner and Erica line up for a qualifying pass. Erica in the left lane, Tanner in the right lane. They make their pass and get down to the turnoff. The flagman signals Erica to make the turnoff( on the left) and Tanner cuts her off, almost catching her front end with his chutes. They get out of their cars and Erica walks towards him. Not sure what she said to him, but she didn't look animated about it. Tanner on the other hand, looked very loud and animated toward her. Apparently for several minutes. On a side note, I'm not sure if this was the pass that put her at #1 for day 1.
Old 05-19-2018

Thumbs down

Only 12 TF'ers in Q4
Old 05-19-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
I saw it on the FS1 qualifying show. Tanner and Erica line up for a qualifying pass. Erica in the left lane, Tanner in the right lane. They make their pass and get down to the turnoff. The flagman signals Erica to make the turnoff( on the left) and Tanner cuts her off, almost catching her front end with his chutes. They get out of their cars and Erica walks towards him. Not sure what she said to him, but she didn't look animated about it. Tanner on the other hand, looked very loud and animated toward her. Apparently for several minutes. On a side note, I'm not sure if this was the pass that put her at #1 for day 1.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like something else sparked it before they got to the turn off. Was there a staging issue?

Incidentally, they ran next to each other in Q3 and Tanner slowed to a complete stop ON the track about a half a mile (joking) from the turn off which looked a bit intentional but who knows. Suddenly, the camera view was switched to an earlier clip of something else. LOL I guess they didn't want to feed the fire at this point.
Old 05-19-2018
Super Moderator

Hagan with a big boomer.
Old 05-19-2018

Quote:
I will tell you what she said exactly. Lots of F bomb with out just asking what happen. I was standing there and watched whole deal. Tanner screwed up and didnít do it on purpose or appeared at the time of getting his ass chewed that he didnít cause he really was standing there clueless. He told her sorry but kept taking his ass eating at the time. What you seen on tv was after emotions calmed down and then there was civil talking trying to go down. But like normal the princess gets a pass for her actions.
Old 05-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Thanks for the info. Sounds like something else sparked it before they got to the turn off. Was there a staging issue?

Incidentally, they ran next to each other in Q3 and Tanner slowed to a complete stop ON the track about a half a mile (joking) from the turn off which looked a bit intentional but who knows. Suddenly, the camera view was switched to an earlier clip of something else. LOL I guess they didn't want to feed the fire at this point.
They didn't mention anything on the broadcast about it, they just showed the pass and the drama afterwards. Fox Sports has more video of it and what was said. FS video also has interviews after, where Erica basically says he's a good kid but he needs to learn the rules. Tanner said he apologized to Richard Freeman, but she must think she's entitled to something because of her two Championships.

Not sure if I can post a link, but...

https://www.foxsports.com/motor/video/1237716035509