CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-19-2018

Sounds like Gray deserved an ass-chewing whether it was intentional or not. It's just part of the deal. No different than a skilled trades apprentice getting chewed out by a journeyman when they screw up. And yes, years of experience and a few championships does entitle her to going off on someone that nearly wrecked her #2 qualified car.
Old 05-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Sounds like Gray deserved an ass-chewing whether it was intentional or not. It's just part of the deal. No different than a skilled trades apprentice getting chewed out by a journeyman when they screw up. And yes, years of experience and a few championships does entitle her to going off on someone that nearly wrecked her #2 qualified car.
Turns out that pass actually put her number 1 at the time. Deric Kramer and Greg Anderson edged her out in Q4 but she managed to take back #2 in Q4.

Admittedly, I have never raced but you would think there was some kind of rule that the drivers have to follow the directions of the flagger at the turnoff. Especially in any class that regularly goes over 200 mph.

Tanner of all people should realize emotions are quite high right after a pass.
Old 05-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinNY View Post
Turns out that pass actually put her number 1 at the time. Deric Kramer and Greg Anderson edged her out in Q4 but she managed to take back #2 in Q4.

Admittedly, I have never raced but you would think there was some kind of rule that the drivers have to follow the directions of the flagger at the turnoff. Especially in any class that regularly goes over 200 mph.

Tanner of all people should realize emotions are quite high right after a pass.
Not sure if itís a rule but which ever direction you have to turn off a track has the right of way. Now saying this when you get to this level it has always seemed and appeared that this was not the case it was more of a curtesy deal. So when your down there slowing down you look over if someone is ahead of you slow more and get behind them or make it very clear to the flag guy that your letting that person go. Itís kind of a setup deal 300 ft before you make the turn. I watched this on tv and he was slightly ahead of her she out of curtesy should have let him have it. And he must have been ahead of her for him to turn and she still had time to stop.

And for the record she did almost the same thing to me in Atlanta but I backed off cause I seen what was going down to avoid incident. Guess next time I will make a spectacle of it.
Old 05-20-2018
Administrator

Saturday's results....
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...-event-results

Pro Mod Results...
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...torsports-park
Haney DNQ....

Event Notebook...
http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...event-notebook

Saturday Gallery....
http://competitionplus.com/drag-race...lue=All&=Apply

----------------------------
Old 05-20-2018

and people still wonder why some of us just cannot stand pro stock.
Old 05-20-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
and people still wonder why some of us just cannot stand pro stock.
Not sure why that incident would make you say that statement? Hell, if anything, that makes it more entertaining.
Old 05-20-2018
Super Moderator

Well, the clip is up all over including the lovely language so I guess people can judge for themselves.

One thing that the fans might not know is that sitting in a door race car is not like sitting in your daily driver. You sit farther back with a funny car cage around you that you can't see through the bars because of the ISP head pads. You're wearing a HANS which severely restricts your head turning. If a race car is right next to you and slightly behind you cannot see it.

The rule is that you follow the track personnel's instructions because they have full visual on both cars and you do not. However, Mac is right in that if one car is ahead, usually the car behind will concede turn off position to other car as a courtesy because the cars are shut off and rolling. If the lead car has to brake hard to let the other pass, now someone has to go push him off. Its an unspoken rule that most follow. My guess is Erica was looking left assuming she has right away because she is on the inside closest to the turn off and not watching for Tanner and Tanner assumed because he was ahead he was going to take the turn first.

I personally think the language is beneath a Professional Championship driver. In that position, you can do a lot of good for a newer driver or you can do a lot of not good. What do you want to be remembered for? There is an opportunity in everything. On the flip side, its no wonder people sense insincerity with Tanner because his ability to incite rage while simultaneously claiming to apologize is conflicting to others. There's a saying about treating people well on your way up because they'll be the same people you see on your way down. I think that holds true.
Old 05-20-2018

So the most exciting thing to happen in Pro Stock this year was who was or wasn't supposed to turn off the first.
Old 05-20-2018

Just looked at the radar. May get delayed well into the 2pm live show.
Old 05-20-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugbelch View Post
Just looked at the radar. May get delayed well into the 2pm live show.
Yep, they're showing past race footage on the live feed right now.