Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008

[QUOTE=Bernie Eccelstone]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Seattle with great weather had capacity size crowds Saturday and Sunday. QUOTE]

no it didnt...not even close.
I was there, looked awfully full to me...
Old 07-24-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Seattle with great weather had capacity size crowds Saturday and Sunday. QUOTE]

no it didnt...not even close.
Are you referring to the Saturday Qualifying show on ESPN? It looked somewhat empty because they were showing Friday's night session which for some reason had less people in the stands than Friday's afternoon session. Saturday and Sunday were quite packed.

A few other things to note: The stands they show on TV are reserved seats. I noticed very long lines at the ticket booth, arguably because of the rainout last year, many fans didnt want to take a chance and prebuy tickets in fear of another rainout. This likely led to more purchases of general admission seats which were on the side of the track seldom shown by the camera. When they did show that side of the stands on Sunday, you will notice they were completely packed and had fans standing 10-12 deep along the fenceline.
Old 07-24-2008
Banned

[QUOTE=Kingnitro]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Eccelstone

I was there, looked awfully full to me...
so was I on Saturday, and it didnt to me.....lots and lots of empty seats at 900'...
Old 07-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnitro

so was I on Saturday, and it didnt to me.....lots and lots of empty seats at 900'...
was Prostock running?
Old 07-25-2008
Banned

Smile Over Capacity Saturday and Sunday!!

Quote:

Since when does empty seats mean that the event is not capacity. Two Seattle newspapers reported that the crowds on Saturday and Sunday were over capacity. Not only that 3 to 4 thousand fans attend one session and not the other.. The fence crowds were huge. And yes, even during nitro 3 to 5 thousand remain in the pits. This isn't NASCAR where the only thing to watch is the racing!!
Old 07-25-2008
Banned

Thumbs up Infineon Sold Out!!

One an additional note Infineon has sold out its reserved seats. I believe that is all three days. They also added close to 1000 additional reserved seats in order to handle the over capacity crowds attending. Not bad for a slowing oconomy. Can't wait for the Maple Grove race.
Old 07-25-2008
Banned

Smile I Was Right!!

Quote:
Larry you get pissy everytime someone rags on you because you like PS! Then why must you rag on everyone who likes Fuel cars?
Just telling it like it is. If I say something about nitro you guys get all bent out of shape. And believe me, nitro has plenty of problems. When I complained over the years about nitros inconsistent and dangerous racing many said I was full of it. Guess what, I was right on the money!!
Old 07-25-2008

Default ESPN Qualifying show

Friday's session would make more sense for the tv package. After the Friday evening session, the field and order is pretty much set. I still don't understand this new concept of 12 cars qualified with 4 to fill. Huh? Watching pass after pass of sub par laps on Saturday doesn't make for interesting viewing. I'm not sure what ESPN shows on Friday nights, but you could possibly air the 2nd session live on one of their various networks (ESPNU, ESPN Classic). Also, condense the Sunday show to 2 hours. I don't need to see the same Saturday and Sunday morning pieces again. I can't imagine the PS bikes bring many fans to the broadcast. Just like watching the races live, that's when I get my shower, tuck the kids in bed, etc. I noticed they kinda skip over the first round of bikes anymore.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk