CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 08-30-2007

It might bring Sealy, the mattress people back as a sponsor as everyone in the stands would be asleep.

Ummmmm, soft.....comfy.....pro stock running.....snore!......grumble grumble,....drool....
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Default Not So Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Hopping
Advertising would never make a difference, never.
When people first come to the drags they have this preconceived idea that nitro is so wonderful. Some continue to believe it. Some see right through the tire smoking and breakage. They then decide to look at the other classes of cars in a different light. Realizing that the other classes have many advantages over nitro. The nitro's have the fire and power but are short on real racing. Getting back to Burgess he needs to be fair and balanced in his writings. But I guess NHRA is pulling his strings.
Old 08-30-2007
Dry Hopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
When people first come to the drags they have this preconceived idea that nitro is so wonderful. Some continue to believe it. Some see right through the tire smoking and breakage. They then decide to look at the other classes of cars in a different light. Realizing that the other classes have many advantages over nitro. The nitro's have the fire and power but are short on real racing. Getting back to Burgess he needs to be fair and balanced in his writings. But I guess NHRA is pulling his strings.
When people first come to the drags they have NO idea what anything is in drag racing is about, that is so wonderful.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
people might get into the other classes more, but that love for nitro never goes away. There's just something so primal about that amount of power that PS and PSB can never achieve even if they do have a higher level of competition. I like PS and PSB a lot, but they'll never take the place of nitro for me.
Old 08-30-2007

I've been going to the races and I like pro stock, but as a lover of all things mechanical I'm way more amazed with the power of the nitro cars. Plus my ADD immediately attracts me to large, loud, shiny stuff.
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJamesBoos
I've been going to the races and I like pro stock, but as a lover of all things mechanical I'm way more amazed with the power of the nitro cars. Plus my ADD immediately attracts me to large, loud, shiny stuff.
Like I said, I like PS and PSB, but I'd rather watch a nitro warmup that a PS race.
Old 08-30-2007
Banned

Talking A 10 Second Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJamesBoos
The power of the nitro cars amazes me to, what's more amazing is the 10 second ets that they run many times???
Old 08-30-2007
Dry Hopping

Quote:
The power of the nitro cars amazes me to, what's more amazing is the 10 second ets that they run many times???

and the 4.44's you have never seen since your head is so far up your ass
Old 08-30-2007

Quote:
Can you imagine the numbers if NHRA actually advertised PS and Bike like they do Funny and tf? Maybe PS 55% Funny 25 Bike 20 and tf 5%.
Doubt it!!!
Old 08-30-2007
Administrator

Default Maybe...

Maybe Larry, if the NHRA would stop running the small block format and go to the real engines -- the mountain motors -- then you might have a legit argument.

Tags
crazy talk