CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 10-14-2007
Plain Vanilla

I find it interesting AI is bound and determined to make it look like Bruton has done something bad. In fact, it is your typical "buy a house next to a track, surprised they want to race" B&C landowner. An absoulute minority screaming for special rules and treatment. Bruton defended his complex and he is either blackmailing or taking his ball and going home.........give me a break
Old 10-14-2007

i had an interesting talk with a few of my buddies that work cup today...they brought up a few interesting points....

but the most thought provoking one was .. could this have been a ploy all along to get better tax incentives?... All of SMI's facilities are pretty much new facilities...or have been bought in the not so distant past... and were allowed huge tax breaks and incentives to grow and conduct busines... how ever ..Lowes has not had as large of incentives as the other tracks in his fold....

and with the looming Federal Tax adjustments that will require motorsports facilities to stretch out their tax write offs for upgrades and maintance.. (from a short term recoup to a much longer term for write offs.. was told number of years but i forget.....) a better incentive from the comunity would help the bottom line of the facility...if the tax law is adjusted...

And Bruton said himself on tv.. the odds are still at a 90% chance he will move... and the move is tax incentive related now...not just the building of the new strip... Bruton said he has had some suprising offers since all this began...

i was also told expect other majior facilities to start hitting the news about better tax incentives form their comunities also........

Yeah .. i know some will say it is all about the strip.... but as told to me... the strip helped get the ball rolling.... and it bounce funny ... in Brutons favor ..something he didn't expect.....

Strip will get built.. now its just up to who wins with the proper incentives to get Bruton... or keep him.....

Billy
Old 10-14-2007

oh.. anyone see this ...lol...

http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/nasc...14171309990001

Billy
Old 10-14-2007

Hey Mike, does that "hms" in your user name stand for Hendrick Motorsports? If so I've got a friend that runs a CNC machine down there named Justin Burke. He has only been there a couple of years but he loves it. Anyway, welcome to the board. I live in Concord also and can't wait for the strip to be built. I don't know how long the T-5 will last in my Mustang up there but I'm sure I'll give it a whirl when they open that place up!
Old 10-14-2007

i figure its a politition looking for a little press....

HMS MIKE.. if it is Hendrick.. if yourun into Tony Eury Jr.. tell him Billy from Rockingham said hello.. he will know who it is.....lol

Billy
Old 10-14-2007
hmsmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring
Hey Mike, does that "hms" in your user name stand for Hendrick Motorsports? If so I've got a friend that runs a CNC machine down there named Justin Burke. He has only been there a couple of years but he loves it. Anyway, welcome to the board. I live in Concord also and can't wait for the strip to be built. I don't know how long the T-5 will last in my Mustang up there but I'm sure I'll give it a whirl when they open that place up!
Ahhh A+

You caught me!! Yeah I know Justin, he works in Metal Shaping with Scott McMillion, right?? I work in Central Parts on the front counter in the same building. Yeah you better save that T-5 for the maiden voyage down that 1/4 mile.
Old 10-14-2007
hmsmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W
i figure its a politition looking for a little press....

HMS MIKE.. if it is Hendrick.. if yourun into Tony Eury Jr.. tell him Billy from Rockingham said hello.. he will know who it is.....lol

Billy
Yeah doubtfully I will see him much with my "desk" job but if I get a chance, I'll mention ya!!
Old 10-14-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsmike
Ahhh A+

You caught me!! Yeah I know Justin, he works in Metal Shaping with Scott McMillion, right?? I work in Central Parts on the front counter in the same building. Yeah you better save that T-5 for the maiden voyage down that 1/4 mile.
Cool, when you see him again tell him Chris from Harris Mustang Supply said to stop goofing off and get back to work! I don't know Scott, I just knew Justin when he used to work with us down at Harris Mustang. By the way congrats on the win last night at Lowes.
Old 10-14-2007
hmsmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Motoring
Cool, when you see him again tell him Chris from Harris Mustang Supply said to stop goofing off and get back to work! I don't know Scott, I just knew Justin when he used to work with us down at Harris Mustang. By the way congrats on the win last night at Lowes.
Yeah cool will do! Thanks I was sweating bullets on that win!!
Old 10-15-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmsmike
Yeah I live 5 mins behind the speedway, so yeah I guess I need my shots!!

Yeah and as far as the Drag Strip Issue, I have been fighting that tooth & nail here. I mean it blows my mind that these people are willing to throw away our total economy for a little bit of noise & poor judgement on their part.

Also too I am new here so --- Howdy, Hi & Hola

Drag fan from back in the 90's, kinda lost track over the years but back in it this year. This year alone I have been to Atlanta, Bristol & Richmond. I do work for a NASCAR team doing purchasing and I have been working for the same team for 7 years now and enjoy it. However kinda of growing bored with the circle track stuff and lot of us follow the NHRA. It's kinda of a motorsports outlet for us to be "racefans" again, lol !!! Anyways love the board & glad to be a part of it!!

-Mike
Nice to have you with us Mike. We can always use a fresh perspective on things!

Tags
crazy talk