CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 10-17-2007
Banned

Cool Tear Down Lowes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W
you ... an interesting thought comes to mind on this....

If.. the oval is moved....and it appears it may be.. only Smith knows... it could have a worse back lash on drag racing... all those NASCAR fans that love the Lowes Motor Speedway... could get realy ticked at drag racing... all the marketing companies that have offices there and use the close proximity of the oval to help land new sponsors and entertain them might get ticked at drag racing... all the teams that have open houses for sponsors and fans during the race weekends could get ticked at drag racing..... and so on...

And the reason i say drag racing ... and not Concord officials.. elected officials can be replaced with voting.... but the instagator of this whole situation.. is a Drag strip....

i know thats not a rational thought.. but how often does rational thinking play into the human mind set.....

Billy
Baloney Billy! First if you are a drag fan you won't be ticked off at drag racing. If your a Nascar fan you might become a drag fan because of all the attention. Another thing the Lowes raceway track is an over the hill facility. I say tear down the speedway and build a new one in another venue.
Old 10-17-2007

Larry.. i worked in the NASCAR PR field for 7 years roughly... and those people would cut your throat to make a extra dime.. and take out your family if you cost them a penny....lol ...the whole time buying you a drink and feeding you dinner....

I love all forms of motorsports... drag racing just happens to top my list that i prefer ... but there are people who have a pure strong passion for one form .. and could careless about another form of racing... look back at many of the post in this forum will confirm that...lol and as seen on these pages and others... reality is people hold a grudge when some one or something interfears with what they truely love or depend on....

Fans are more vocal. and heard and seen more.. you never see a the business men coming... till its too late...lol

Billy
Old 10-17-2007
Toby

This is an interesting article from the Charlotte Observer:
http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/322093.html
Old 10-17-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
This is an interesting article from the Charlotte Observer:
http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/322093.html
There certainly is a case for building a new track from scratch when you look at the numbers. Don't know if you watched the race Saturday night or not, but the Tv crew constantly talked about how bad the racers hated the place, and just how bad turn 4 is. Now that isn't earth shattering by any means, but in context, it makes one wonder what Bruton is really up to.

Of course this is just pure speculation, but was Smith looking for an excuse to move and build a new place when he started this deal?
Old 10-17-2007
Banned

Cool Tear it Down!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
There certainly is a case for building a new track from scratch when you look at the numbers. Don't know if you watched the race Saturday night or not, but the Tv crew constantly talked about how bad the racers hated the place, and just how bad turn 4 is. Now that isn't earth shattering by any means, but in context, it makes one wonder what Bruton is really up to.

Of course this is just pure speculation, but was Smith looking for an excuse to move and build a new place when he started this deal?
I don't think Smith was looking for an excuse but the Concord council certainly gave him one. I say tear it down and move. They haven't supported him enough in the past. I remember when the one bridge overpass fell down hurting spectators, IRL car killed those fans when it jumped the fence, bathrooms stopped the race when they overflowed onto the track and the seats we set on were made of concrete. Is this track falling apart?? If this is Nascar's mecca it sure needs help. To boot we'll get a new drag strip. Perhaps they should keep the dirt track and add a local strip for the youth. But move on to new area!!
Old 10-17-2007
hmsmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
bathrooms stopped the race when they overflowed onto the track and the seats we set on were made of concrete.
Sooo would you say had some real ****ty seats for the race??

Old 10-17-2007

Default ....kind Of Old.....

Well, if nothing else I guess I'm getting more educated about LMS..........I didn't realize it was that old (time flies for us old farts !!!) and also didn't realize it was kind of unpopular with the racers...........With it needing all the updates it's said to need, maybe a new place would be the way to go..........Have to admit I certainly don't know !!!!!!!...........I would like to see Bruton build another state of the art dragstrip though, so once again, we'll just to see what happens..............E
Old 10-17-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
I don't think Smith was looking for an excuse but the Concord council certainly gave him one. I say tear it down and move. They haven't supported him enough in the past. I remember when the one bridge overpass fell down hurting spectators, IRL car killed those fans when it jumped the fence, bathrooms stopped the race when they overflowed onto the track and the seats we set on were made of concrete. Is this track falling apart?? If this is Nascar's mecca it sure needs help. To boot we'll get a new drag strip. Perhaps they should keep the dirt track and add a local strip for the youth. But move on to new area!!

wasn't the bathroom over flow due to a golf kart of one of the track employees running over a water main in the late 80's early 90's? and the water couldn't get cut off due to the lines were hooked into Brutons water tower? and the reverse flow filled the septic tanks, over flowed out the doors and into the track.. funny to watch toilet paper flow over the walls and into the track....lol

was at the race when the bridge fell... realy bad deal.. but thats what happen when things are allowed to be built with out the County/city inspectors involved.. and you go with the lowest bidder.... to save a buck....

shame when the Indy car tire went into the stands in turn 4 as well.. they had just raised the fence an aditional 10 feet to 25ft i believe... just for the Indy cars...

i remember when they built Texas ..brand new and ground water kept coming thru the track in turn one...the new high tech drainage system didn't work as planned....lol

if i remember correctly.. most of the drivers hated running at Lowes with he tires NASCAR asked Goodyear to bring... way to hard.... kind of like asking a TF team to run street tires for you pickup....lol

right now all the Cup drivers are wanting NASCAR and the Frances to leave Darlington alone with old asphalt.. they love it like it is.. and it IS the oldest track on the series...once it gets repaved.. they will hate it too when NASCAR brings a harder tire.....

Billy
Old 10-17-2007
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W
wasn't the bathroom over flow due to a golf kart of one of the track employees running over a water main in the late 80's early 90's? and the water couldn't get cut off due to the lines were hooked into Brutons water tower? and the reverse flow filled the septic tanks, over flowed out the doors and into the track.. funny to watch toilet paper flow over the walls and into the track....lol

was at the race when the bridge fell... realy bad deal.. but thats what happen when things are allowed to be built with out the County/city inspectors involved.. and you go with the lowest bidder.... to save a buck....

shame when the Indy car tire went into the stands in turn 4 as well.. they had just raised the fence an aditional 10 feet to 25ft i believe... just for the Indy cars...

i remember when they built Texas ..brand new and ground water kept coming thru the track in turn one...the new high tech drainage system didn't work as planned....lol

if i remember correctly.. most of the drivers hated running at Lowes with he tires NASCAR asked Goodyear to bring... way to hard.... kind of like asking a TF team to run street tires for you pickup....lol

right now all the Cup drivers are wanting NASCAR and the Frances to leave Darlington alone with old asphalt.. they love it like it is.. and it IS the oldest track on the series...once it gets repaved.. they will hate it too when NASCAR brings a harder tire.....

Billy
Actually the second crap deal happened early 2000's. What a mess and stink. Drivers were very concerned about grip near these restrooms after that.

Tags
crazy talk