CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2007
larrydavis427 larrydavis427 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,688
Thumbs down LA Daily News Negative Article!

Some guy writing for the Daily News Newspaper in Los Angeles wrote a very negative article about NHRA and drag racing. Calling it dull etc. Misquoting attendance numbers. Calling the drag strip basically a high school stadium. Let's all go after this guy in his comments section. You can look up the newspaper on google.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-05-2007
ramcharger's Avatar
ramcharger ramcharger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easton, Maryland
Posts: 1,367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Some guy writing for the Daily News Newspaper in Los Angeles wrote a very negative article about NHRA and drag racing. Calling it dull etc. Misquoting attendance numbers. Calling the drag strip basically a high school stadium. Let's all go after this guy in his comments section. You can look up the newspaper on google.
Hey! Consider the source...he's a LA print media type. That means he has the IQ of a squirrel and everyone knows it. Sorry if I offended any squirrels.
__________________
Ramcharger

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2007
gary4205
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Larry are you talkin' about: "NHRA, you're no NASCAR -- and that's not a bad thing"?

http://www.dailynews.com/sportscolumnists/ci_7372300

Brock Yates has said far worse about drag racing! It could have been written better by just about anyone, but on balance, I've seen a lot worse!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2007
Bernie Eccelstone's Avatar
Bernie Eccelstone Bernie Eccelstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calvi, Corsica
Posts: 687
Default

Tone-wise if felt a bit negative, but quite frankly the article pretty much spelled out the reality of NHRA-style drag racing....

....although the enviromental angle was pretty laughable....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-05-2007
nemo963
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well Brock Yates has a right to say those things, he has helped shape the sport, this guy is just a tool. He should get some negative comments.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-05-2007
Bernie Eccelstone's Avatar
Bernie Eccelstone Bernie Eccelstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calvi, Corsica
Posts: 687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Yes but Gary this is a motorsports hater. He wouldn't dare call the stick and ball sports these names. Let's looks at just a couple of things he said. He called us a ecological nightmare. Does he realize that baseball puts out more pollution than all of motorsports?? He says leads are rarely exchanged?? He better watch how many times drivers in all classes drive around on another. He seemed to be stuck in nitro talking about 5 seconds and a 2 minute wait. Does he realize a 4 hour football game has only 8 to 9 minutes of actual playing time?? Yes after beating the crap out of drag racing he says its a ok gig?? What I'm saying Gary is that you can't let creeps in the powerful press get away with this. I hope you with your writing abilities spoke up for drag racing on this site??
Baseball creates more pollution than all of motorsports??? wtf kind of logic are you smoking?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-05-2007
larrydavis427 larrydavis427 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,688
Smile Computer Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Eccelstone
Baseball creates more pollution than all of motorsports??? wtf kind of logic are you smoking?
Bernis I'm having computer problems. Will explain later but when I tell you that motorsports was only in 7 th place among the major sports I think you will understand.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2007
Bernie Eccelstone's Avatar
Bernie Eccelstone Bernie Eccelstone is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calvi, Corsica
Posts: 687
Default

LOL......this should be interesting.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-05-2007
gary4205
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Yes but Gary this is a motorsports hater. He wouldn't dare call the stick and ball sports these names. Let's looks at just a couple of things he said. He called us a ecological nightmare. Does he realize that baseball puts out more pollution than all of motorsports?? He says leads are rarely exchanged?? He better watch how many times drivers in all classes drive around on another. He seemed to be stuck in nitro talking about 5 seconds and a 2 minute wait. Does he realize a 4 hour football game has only 8 to 9 minutes of actual playing time?? Yes after beating the crap out of drag racing he says its a ok gig?? What I'm saying Gary is that you can't let creeps in the powerful press get away with this. I hope you with your writing abilities spoke up for drag racing on this site??
Well yeah, this guy just isn't a racing fan, period. So you have to take what he says in that context.

As far as football goes, what a waste of time! Undoubtedly the stupidest game ever invented. There was one Saturday, that had a fourth quarter, 15 minutes on the clock, that took ****ed near an hour to complete! Anyone who bitches about the time it takes to clean up oil aught to be forced to sit through that crap!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-05-2007
gary4205
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo963
Well Brock Yates has a right to say those things, he has helped shape the sport, this guy is just a tool. He should get some negative comments.
You're right, the LA guy is a tool, but Brock Yates is no friend of the sport either. He's still bitchin' about the few times he worked covering events in the eighties. Brock's an OK writer, but he's a sports car guy. He even managed to get himself uninvited to Barrett-Jackson's TV coverage.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crazy talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.