CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 11-05-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Eccelstone
LOL......this should be interesting.....
Gotta see this one myself!

But if you consider commuting to all of the major, minor, little league, and softball games, Larry might have a point, somewhat!
Old 11-05-2007
Banned

Smile Od Bernie!

Quote:
Baseball creates more pollution than all of motorsports??? wtf kind of logic are you smoking?
Ok Bernie here goes. About 10 years ago a study was done on the major sports of who polluted and used the most energy. Turned out that sports like basketball, baseball and football were all ahead of motorsports. The pollutions were caused by lighting, heating, air conditioning, restaurant equipment, etc, and vehicles inside the perimenter of these big facilities. When the totals were run they realized by the number of events and many different polluters they hadn't thought about put these sports ahead of motorsports. At that time motorsports only placed 7th among the energy and pollution they created. I have the article somewhere in my storage but can't find at present. If I find it I will post it??
Old 11-05-2007

I know what his problem is. He didn't get to ride in the two seat comp dragster and now is stomping foot like a two year old.
Old 11-06-2007

Quote:
Tone-wise if felt a bit negative, but quite frankly the article pretty much spelled out the reality of NHRA-style drag racing....
+1

It was very condescending, but mostly true. Does his opinion matter? Not to me. Thousands of people still love drag racing. Thousands of people still like to watch drag racing.

Can drag racing become as big as NASCAR? Maybe not, but drag racing can still continue to thrive in its own way.
Old 11-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I know what his problem is. He didn't get to ride in the two seat comp dragster and now is stomping foot like a two year old.
He would **** his pants. Probably.
Old 11-06-2007
stephen@stephen

To be honest, he makes a good assessment of the sport.

And that's from a 39 year die hard fan.

The environmental stuff is BS, but his assessment of the key issues is pretty good.
Old 11-06-2007
Banned

I sent him a email....

It made me feel better

Quote:
Nice bashing article on NHRA...

Must of sucked not getting your ass kissed enough to get to warrant a good article or for obvious reason a tower seat....

Ever thought NHRA thinks your a hack?

But hey NASCAR will be right around the corner with their week numbers and ass kissing media techniques in hope of good reporting!!!

I am a huge NASCAR fan but to watch cars for 4 hours go in circles and the fan not even be able to get close to a real race car.. UM your priorities are all messed up.

But from what I hear your not much more then a waste treatment plant watchdog journalist anyway ....

Enjoy the boredom and the smog...

The Ledge
Old 11-06-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen@stephen
To be honest, he makes a good assessment of the sport.

And that's from a 39 year die hard fan.

The environmental stuff is BS, but his assessment of the key issues is pretty good.

Your not a fan ,your a fan of at the moment motorsports because if you were a real fan then you would be able to look past your ass oops i mean your nose..
Old 11-06-2007
stephen@stephen

Oh I see Ledge, you get to decide who is a fan and who isn't?

At least that's what I think you're inferring from your semi-literate response.
Old 11-06-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge
Your not a fan ,your a fan of at the moment motorsports because if you were a real fan then you would be able to look past your ass oops i mean your nose..
Hey Ledge, what is your problem? Seriously, what is the deal? You've attacked me, and claimed all sorts of cred. You come on here talking about some restraining order (concerning me) and then when challenged, you go and hide for a week!

I have a real thought for you. Why don't you take your loser, lying self somewhere else to spew your BS. You ain't wanted, or appreciated here.

Tags
crazy talk