CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 11-06-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen@stephen
To be honest, he makes a good assessment of the sport.

And that's from a 39 year die hard fan.

The environmental stuff is BS, but his assessment of the key issues is pretty good.
Yes he does......(assessment).....in my opinion too.

BTW/ All sports Rock!
(in my world)

I'm impressed, and grateful for any & all "ink" that Drag Racing Gets....
Old 11-06-2007
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Ok Bernie here goes. About 10 years ago a study was done on the major sports of who polluted and used the most energy. Turned out that sports like basketball, baseball and football were all ahead of motorsports. The pollutions were caused by lighting, heating, air conditioning, restaurant equipment, etc, and vehicles inside the perimenter of these big facilities. When the totals were run they realized by the number of events and many different polluters they hadn't thought about put these sports ahead of motorsports. At that time motorsports only placed 7th among the energy and pollution they created. I have the article somewhere in my storage but can't find at present. If I find it I will post it??
LMAO.....sure larry.
Old 11-06-2007
Banned

Smile Believe Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Eccelstone
LMAO.....sure larry.
I don't think you believe me Bern. But just think about these huge facilities, energy users and pollution makers of these professional sports. Many people like you thought, oh look at that car burning fuel and polluting the air. But they're just looking at the direct use. They are not looking at all the pollutions created by trash and some of the other uses I referred to. On the survey we were just ahead of Rodeo's. No I'm not crazy!!
Old 11-06-2007

Larry, just stay away from that subject for now. there is probably more deisel used at one national event than the whole nfl season. and lets not forget the huge lines of cars just inching up towards the spectator parking. think of the 60,000 fans that attend gainesville for a moment. you should rethink that. don't get me started about the fossil fueled competors that can take as long as 6.7 seconds, as compared to the non fossil ones that take 4.5.
Old 11-06-2007
Banned

Unhappy OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/fool
Larry, just stay away from that subject for now. there is probably more deisel used at one national event than the whole nfl season. and lets not forget the huge lines of cars just inching up towards the spectator parking. think of the 60,000 fans that attend gainesville for a moment. you should rethink that. don't get me started about the fossil fueled competors that can take as long as 6.7 seconds, as compared to the non fossil ones that take 4.5.
OK I'll back off Fool but I'm just quoting the study. Perhaps the experts are wrong?? Getting back to the point- I don't like a writer for a major newspaper beating up drag racing. This is also in the birth place of drag racing.

Tags
crazy talk