CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 12-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
Oh yeah, I think Evan would do well. The only thing that would hinder TV may be the SPEED contract. It would be imperative that same day coverage came about, and SPEED has a pretty full Sunday night, during the racing season. Weeks late coverage won't cut it in today's world. And I don't care what the gripes are, ESPN is more experienced and has far better coverage of NHRA racing.

What ever is going on, this is gonna be a very lively off season!
To quote Billy....."Who said anything about Sundays or Sunday nights for the IHRA?....lol..."

Suppose he/they took some of the suggestions we've all discussed about how to improve the show that NHRA puts on and eliminates Sunday except as a rain date? Don't you think if Evan and Bruton walked into Speed HQ and said here's what we've got....that they'd change their programming and/or the contract if the IHRA can provide a bigger and better show than Glendora? And if they can pull something like that off how quickly would the rest of the racers flock over to the newer venue? Geez...Evan is already sponsoring about 1/4 of the NHRA pro ranks already and Bruton owns the prime tracks.

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 12-04-2007

Back at the IHRA Finals.. i had a talk with a couple people Pro drivers etc..... and had a adult beverage conversation.....since then i have seen the same idea posted on a few forums....

Friday 2 rounds quailifing... 3rd round noon saturday. and eleminations to follow at say 6pm. TV come on at 8pm.. starts with Quailifing highlites... then leads to eliminations.. then by the end of the night 10:30 or so live finials in all pro classes.. if no big boomers.... and are done early after winners interviews.. cover as many sportsman finials as you can... give the sportsman guys some tv time an help them possiby pick up a big time sponsor as well.....cool night runs with flames up high .... it could be done...
Old 12-04-2007

Well just look at what happens if Evan just walks away to zone in on the IHRA as the owner. How many drivers, crew chiefs, crew members, and cars are going to be left out in the cold? It's either that or take them with him. I said it before...follow the money. If you're about to be unemployed with no prospects you're gonna go where the money is. Their loyalty to NHRA is going to last about as long as their last paycheck. I'm amazed at the amount of money he's spent within NHRA and they won't even use his fuel.

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 12-05-2007

Won't use his fuel .. or are not allowed to use it? (NHRA)...

IF Knoll bought the IHRA.. no matter what he does with it... People will follow because they know he has respect for the sport of Drag racing...... and the people in the sport. Past history has shown that....

Billy
Old 12-05-2007

Just a thought......but how many teams can thank Evan and Forest Lucas for sponsorship? You take those two guys out of the equation and is there anything left?

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77
Old 12-05-2007
Banned

Cool No Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W
Won't use his fuel .. or are not allowed to use it? (NHRA)...

IF Knoll bought the IHRA.. no matter what he does with it... People will follow because they know he has respect for the sport of Drag racing...... and the people in the sport. Past history has shown that....

Billy
People will not follow. NHRA is just to big and solid a racing sanction.
Old 12-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrat_77
Just a thought......but how many teams can thank Evan and Forest Lucas for sponsorship? You take those two guys out of the equation and is there anything left?
Just a what if, but what if Evan Knoll, Forrest Lucas and Bruton formed their own organization? Bruton already has the best facilities... Vegas, Bristol, Infineon and soon the Charlotte racetracks. Add in the IHRA tracks and or just invite a few of the premier NHRA tracks to join them? These guys have the bucks to pull this off. Evan and Forrest already sponsor most of the cars in attendence. This is what i dream about.
Old 12-05-2007
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Stranger things have happened, and with NHRA's professional class future soon to be in the hands of an "outsider", it's possible that some loyalties may change.

I still don't see it happening, but it most certainly could, especially if Evan Knoll, Forrest Lucas, and Bruton Smith (or any combination of two of them) wanted it to happen.

But NHRA is indeed the strongest brand, and I still think you'd see the above mentioned buying up every loose chuck of HD stock they could get their hands on, before they'd do anything else.
Old 12-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Pay out a substantially larger purse for the winners and see where "big and solid" gets you!

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77
Old 12-05-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrat_77
Pay out a substantially larger purse for the winners and see where "big and solid" gets you!

Exactly....

Billy

Tags
crazy talk, evan knoll, ihra, nhra, torco