CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-21-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Are you forgeting Disney made a very popular movie on her racing life?? I was at Maple Grove and they were 30 people deep and the same at Richmond. I think your pulling our legs when you say she won't be back. I'll bet you that Erica will be racing when John Force is history!!
Unfortunately Larry, the Disney movie will go down as the highlight if EE's career. She's done, finished, over, gone! Maybe if she had tried Top Fuel or Funny Car, someone would have cared!
Old 01-21-2008

Quote:
Are you forgeting Disney made a very popular movie on her racing life?? I was at Maple Grove and they were 30 people deep and the same at Richmond. I think your pulling our legs when you say she won't be back. I'll bet you that Erica will be racing when John Force is history!!
Larry I think I'll be history before EE ever gets back on the track. And I'm gonna live to be 95.
As far as her movie is concerned it seems that's the ONLY thing you can continuously point to as an accomplishment of hers and it's dubious at best. Hannah Montana is more popular that EE ever was and has more money to boot. Now if her old man would just get a haircut that doesn't look like he just climbed out from under his running lawn mower.....

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 01-21-2008
nitrodave

anytime we lose a racer it's a negitive to the sport,rather it be lose of sponsership,maybe miss mangerment of monies or death, it's not good...
Old 01-22-2008

Larry, no offense, but to compare EE to John Force is out in left field. Really to compare ANYONE to John is out there. I would not disagree that prehaps she might be back after John is gone, John is 58 years old for Gods sake. And yes, Disney did make a movie about her racing life..in Junior Dragsters, that is hardly a professional class, I do admire you faith in this girl, I just fail to see where it is warrented, she has yet to win a race, made one final I beleive and was low qualifier once. I hardly think that is the stuff that make multi million dollar sponsors drool all over themselves.
Old 01-22-2008
Banned

Smile John Great But!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnitro07
Larry, no offense, but to compare EE to John Force is out in left field. Really to compare ANYONE to John is out there. I would not disagree that prehaps she might be back after John is gone, John is 58 years old for Gods sake. And yes, Disney did make a movie about her racing life..in Junior Dragsters, that is hardly a professional class, I do admire you faith in this girl, I just fail to see where it is warrented, she has yet to win a race, made one final I beleive and was low qualifier once. I hardly think that is the stuff that make multi million dollar sponsors drool all over themselves.
First of all John Force is great for drag racing. A great leader, great personality and our biggest star. But he is no Greg Anderson, Warren J., Don P. or Ed M. He is a terrific racer but just doesn't have the pure skills of those that I have just mentioned. I was only meaning that Erica will be racing and John will have retired.
Old 01-22-2008
gary4205

Quote:
First of all John Force is great for drag racing. A great leader, great personality and our biggest star. But he is no Greg Anderson, Warren J., Don P. or Ed M. He is a terrific racer but just doesn't have the pure skills of those that I have just mentioned. I was only meaning that Erica will be racing and John will have retired.

Yeah it's not like John Force is the winningest NHRA drag racer ever, or something crazy like that!
Old 01-22-2008

I dunno about that. Having to wrestle 8,000 HP takes a tremendous amount of skill in anyones eyes. Rusty Wallace told me once that he might consider trying a Pro stocker on for size, but no way in hell would he ever set foot in a nitro car, to compare a nitro car to a Pro Stocker is apples to oranges, I always heard that a Top Alcohol Funny Car was the toughest animal in the game to drive, and Pat Austin did a **** fine job of that, and even he said that the Top fueler was every bit as tough as the TAFC. He was a multitime World Champion in TAFC, he ought to know. Never having driven one myself, I can't say for certain, noone can unless he has, but I would think it would take just as much ability to hang on to 8,000 Horses than it would a pro stocker, and that is no knock on anyone you mentioned, I think that a well qualified sportsman racer would have an easier time and transition to a Pro Stocker than he would to a nitro car.
Old 01-22-2008

Quote:
First of all John Force is great for drag racing. A great leader, great personality and our biggest star. But he is no Greg Anderson,
You really need to seek some help there son.
Old 01-22-2008
Banned

Smile Not Correct!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
Yeah it's not like John Force is the winningest NHRA drag racer ever, or something crazy like that!
Gary with respect to you John Force is not the winningest NHRA drag racer, in fact he may not be in the top five. When I say he doesn't have the pure skills I mean he doesn't have the engine, chassis and tuning skills of those drivers I referred to.
Old 01-22-2008

WELL....IF John Force is not the winningest driver in NHRA history? Where does that leave all those guys you mentioned?

Tags
crazy talk, pro stock