CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
I should educate some you nitro lovers. First you can't compare the East coast to the left coast. PS is solid and strong in the East, we stay in the stands for PS. Even some of us get out for TF. The only time that people here get out of their seats is after that first round of the nitro marathon. After the marathon the fans are basically sticking to their seats and enjoying not only PS but many other classes. But let's get back to nitro, they are the ones in trouble with these explosions. It's not only dangerous for the racers but what about us fans. I think NHRA is going to have to build barriers for the fans. Nitros should not be allowed to start up in the pits without a type of warning. The sound is to loud and should they explode it could be dangerous. Nitro should be moved away from the souvenir tents. We had children in the tent at Maple and a nitro started sending nitro fumes into tent. Let's look at safety for everyone.
good God Larry..
TSmith said it best when he said.. "Larry, weld a titanium shield over your hands so you can't type. "
Old 07-09-2008

Quote:
PS is solid and strong in the East, we stay in the stands for PS. Even some of us get out for TF.
Have been Sanair, Maple Grove, National Trail, Atlanta, and Gainesville, and what you are stating as 'fact' is just untrue.

Stick to the Disney Channel.
Old 07-09-2008
Banned

Talking What Pro Stocks at Sanair??

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-1
Have been Sanair, Maple Grove, National Trail, Atlanta, and Gainesville, and what you are stating as 'fact' is just untrue.

Stick to the Disney Channel.
Hey USA, you certainly haven't been to the drags lately, there were no Pro Stocks at national events at Sanair and National Trails last year. Sanair, is that when the great Dyno Don was racing.
Old 07-09-2008

Larry...please go back to sleep. We'll wake you when there is a real Pro Stock story here.

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 07-09-2008

Quote:
Nitros should not be allowed to start up in the pits without a type of warning. The sound is to loud and should they explode it could be dangerous.
Ever heard, if its too loud, you're too old?

I think more fans are upset there isnt fair warning to get to a nitro pit for a warm up, especially the guys that wrap the throttle to seat the clutch.
Old 07-09-2008
bigboremaico

Quote:
I should educate some you nitro lovers. First you can't compare the East coast to the left coast. PS is solid and strong in the East, we stay in the stands for PS. Even some of us get out for TF. The only time that people here get out of their seats is after that first round of the nitro marathon. After the marathon the fans are basically sticking to their seats and enjoying not only PS but many other classes. But let's get back to nitro, they are the ones in trouble with these explosions. It's not only dangerous for the racers but what about us fans. I think NHRA is going to have to build barriers for the fans. Nitros should not be allowed to start up in the pits without a type of warning. The sound is to loud and should they explode it could be dangerous. Nitro should be moved away from the souvenir tents. We had children in the tent at Maple and a nitro started sending nitro fumes into tent. Let's look at safety for everyone.
Every go to a nascar race?? Can't get near the cars. That sucks. No one is required to go to the pits for fuel warm ups. If it's too unsafe...don't go. Their is a rope up around all the pro pits. When was the last time a fuel car exploded in the pits?? Move your tent. And...as always...everything is ALWAYS better on the east coast. If you look closely, ESPN almost never pans the bleachers during PS, anywhere. The stands are shamefully empty. As stated earlier, I doubt I would be in the stands for PS.
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk