CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
Actually Frank I was also at VA. and saw fans leaving for Nitro and returning to watch Comp and PS??? I've also noticed at several tracks that the many fans watch Funny and not TF?? Could it be the small fields in TF are starting to hurt the class???? I really hope this isn't the case because I like TF as well as all the classes.
I don't think its the small fields so much as it is the quality of the racing. TF simply hasn't been as close. It seems like there are only a couple of cars at the top of the class. Funny car has been much more unpredictable.
Old 08-11-2008
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbGuy
Different stroke for different folks. Some like all of the classes and some like certain ones.

As far as the Nitro vs. Door car debate. I think it boils down to the coast. Left coast people for the most part are more Fuel fans, East coast guys are more Door Car fans. Not good or bad, just what it is. I see plenty of people who get to the stands to watch the last few pairs of scooters, watch P/S and then leave before the track cleaners come out.
I still think that it is mainly a first round deal after nitro runs that the nitro fans leave their seats. After 32 cars of nitro and a oil down your butt becomes very sore. I actually like the stock, comp and SS classes as much as nitro. Yet after the Pros I still leave my seat to take a break. Then pick up these classes in the last several rounds.
Old 08-11-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nater99
I don't think its the small fields so much as it is the quality of the racing. TF simply hasn't been as close. It seems like there are only a couple of cars at the top of the class. Funny car has been much more unpredictable.
Excellent point Nater, the fields in Funny are much more competitive and larger than TF.
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
After nitro and a oil down your butt, becomes very sore.
Are we still talking about drag racing?
Old 08-11-2008

Default ....carb Guy Nails It......

I think Carb Guy kind of hit it on the head with his East coast, West coast post...........I remember back in the mid to late 60's when door cars were just starting to get popular on the Weat coast with the AFX'ers and pre-funny car funny cars (usually AFX'ers with injectson, blowers etc) and how all the guys had to go back East to really make a living "touring".............Long before OCIR's 64 funny car fields, we had 64 car dragster fields at Lions and a few other places...........Don't ask me why (stock cars-NASCAR???), but the West coast was always a hot bed for the dragsters while the door cars were going great guns in the East.............But even if I had to say I was a dragster guy, I really like all of them............Yes Larry, even Pro Stock !!!!!!!!.........And yes again, the bikes too !!!!!..........E
Old 08-11-2008
gary4205

Quote:
This nitro warmup situation will eventually bite NHRA if they don't start giving warnings. Just like I predicted the engine explosions in nitro was a out of control disaster so is this!!
It's why they make them park a vehicle between the fans and the race car. Although, now that they completely tear down a fuel motor between round rounds, the chance of hydraulicing an engine are slim and none.
Old 08-11-2008

most fans are more upset they dont have enough warning to get close enough.
Old 08-11-2008
gary4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
Ain't THAT the truth!
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4205
It's why they make them park a vehicle between the fans and the race car. .
what the hell are you talking about?
Old 08-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheridiot
I was thinking the same thing
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk