CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427
I actually think NHRA should post warm up warnings for nitro. I've complained for years about a one or two minute warning for fans to clear out. Last year we were in the nitro tent when one of Force's cars started up. The burning smell came right into the tent choking some of the children. We took the kids and ran. To dangerous for the eyes and lungs. But nothing like two PS's in a staging battle and then listen to those 1500 hp motors bring the revs up. Come on Maple Grove!! For me it's hands down the most exciting moment in sports.
Why not call out all Lawyers for Christ sake! You've been a fan of Drag racing for how long? And you just discovered that Nitro fumes can burn the nose and eyes? I'm sure if you look at an MSDS sheet for the Racing gas that your beloved Pro stocker's use I'm willing to bet you'll see some carsinogens listed! You think the Lawyers you want involved will stop at Nitro? Get a life man!
Old 08-18-2008
Banned

Cool Fix It Now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnitro
Why not call out all Lawyers for Christ sake! You've been a fan of Drag racing for how long? And you just discovered that Nitro fumes can burn the nose and eyes? I'm sure if you look at an MSDS sheet for the Racing gas that your beloved Pro stocker's use I'm willing to bet you'll see some carsinogens listed! You think the Lawyers you want involved will stop at Nitro? Get a life man!
I don't want the lawyers involved that's why I'm pushing this safety issue. Eventually this is going to bite NHRA, why not head off this problem before someone makes a phone call or starts a lawsuit. NHRA now has problems with these nitro explosions I complained about on and off this site for years. I complained about the pro race cars being pulled silently through the pits. KJ's pro stock at Pomona gave me a scare a few years ago going to fast through the pits before the finals. Now NHRA has been improving this situation.
Old 08-18-2008

Quote:
I don't want the lawyers involved that's why I'm pushing this safety issue. Eventually this is going to bite NHRA, why not head off this problem before someone makes a phone call or starts a lawsuit. NHRA now has problems with these nitro explosions I complained about on and off this site for years. I complained about the pro race cars being pulled silently through the pits. KJ's pro stock at Pomona gave me a scare a few years ago going to fast through the pits before the finals. Now NHRA has been improving this situation.
Larry I think everything at the track scares the crap out of you...especially the nitro cars and if KJ's car had hit you the first thing you'd be looking for is a LAWYER!

Just Pondering.....
Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Old 08-18-2008
Banned

Default Totally Wrong Ramcharger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcharger
Larry I think everything at the track scares the crap out of you...especially the nitro cars and if KJ's car had hit you the first thing you'd be looking for is a LAWYER!
Ram your totally wrong. I could be hit in stands by a blower and would not file a suit!! I thought the Russell lawsuit was ridiculous. I love the sport of drag racing and would never do anything to hurt our sport.
Old 08-18-2008

Quote:
There have been far more Pit explosions in A/Fuel in recent years than Top Fuel!
Old 08-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcharger
Oh my.. They're firing up a fuel car!
Old 08-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Gilles
Oh my.. They're firing up a fuel car!
Closed Thread

Tags
crazy talk