CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
You are 100% Wrong!! NHRA has always been the left coast nitro gang. NHRA has decided to sell nitro over the years. A real Brookyln Bridge job. If people are educated on the greatness of Pro Stock it could be as popular as Funny car.
You need to back down there Larry. I think LE deserved more coverage than he got and it looks like PSM has been pretty well ignored in this thread but no sense in arguing about it. PS & PM are my favorite classes but I love nitro also. I also enjoy bracket racing. For me it's more about the competition than it is about the vehicle. I'm ready for 2011 to get started.
Old 11-15-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette Racer View Post
You need to back down there Larry. I think LE deserved more coverage than he got and it looks like PSM has been pretty well ignored in this thread but no sense in arguing about it. PS & PM are my favorite classes but I love nitro also. I also enjoy bracket racing. For me it's more about the competition than it is about the vehicle. I'm ready for 2011 to get started.
I thought LE deserved all the coverage he got. Good coverage on Bikes.
Old 11-15-2010

Your perspective comes from what class you like. I like all of the classes but i like PSM the most. The coverage they gave PS cars this Sunday is what they do to the bikes EVERY SINGLE race. Im glad the PSM guys got one good show out of the whole season.
Old 11-15-2010
Super Moderator

Thumbs down

I think the big issue is:

Why cry and moan to us on Comp+ constantly?

If you sent each and every one of your posts as an email to ESPN, you might have a chance at accomplishing something.

Continuing to gripe on here just makes the rest of us readers tired of reading your complaints. We are not the problem, we cannot solve your probelm, we are tired of you nagging us with your problem.
Old 11-15-2010

[QUOTE=RVT1000;100993]
If WJ had been in a similar wreck, went through a long and painful rehabilitation, came back and got into a Championship fight in the last event of the year with Dave Connoly, there would have been just as much coverage because it is a COMPELLING story. [QUOTE]

FALSE.

But if you do believe that, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I'll sell ya cheap.
Old 11-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelfan View Post

If you sent each and every one of your posts as an email to ESPN, you might have a chance at accomplishing something.

Continuing to gripe on here just makes the rest of us readers tired of reading your complaints. We are not the problem, we cannot solve your probelm, we are tired of you nagging us with your problem.
i still like my idea i had put in another thread...

http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...79&postcount=9
Old 11-15-2010
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratonabike View Post
i still like my idea i had put in another thread...

http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...79&postcount=9
I wasn't a moderator back then Rat, but it sure sounds like it's a reasonable rule to implement. So consider it done!
Old 11-15-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelfan View Post

This post is a legitimate and reasonable post. It needed to be addressed and many are in agreement with its premise. If Espn had not covered the first round of nitro and fast forwarded the second round of nitro like they did Pro Stock I would have posted about the unfairness to nitro. Additionally my posts on oildowns have proved to be in the best interests of drag racing and its fans. Even NHRA has recognized in agreement with those like me who have continued to complain about the oildown delays. I agree with your ideal of sending posts to ESPN. I have done this on several occasions.
Old 11-15-2010
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=larrydavis427;101123] Additionally my posts on oildowns have proved to be in the best interests of drag racing and its fans. [QUOTE]

Larry, please take note of the new rule added to the sticky at the top of each forum.
Old 11-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
You are 100% Wrong!! NHRA has always been the left coast nitro gang. NHRA has decided to sell nitro over the years. A real Brookyln Bridge job. If people are educated on the greatness of Pro Stock it could be as popular as Funny car.
Oh please. You can't even say that with a straight face. The Nitro cars are the show. Period. Stop pumping.

Tags
crazy talk