CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-15-2012
Banned

Wink NHRA or Bruton Smith

NHRA or Bruton Smith needs to take over adrl and ihra. I think they are on there last leg with the economy the way it is.I never see ihra or adrl on tv. Maybe NHRA could start a diffrent series of Promod,Prostock truck and Mountain motor Prostock cars running 1/4 mile and yes the super stockers also.
Old 07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROSTOCKCRAZY View Post
NHRA or Bruton Smith needs to take over adrl and ihra. I think they are on there last leg with the economy the way it is.I never see ihra or adrl on tv. Maybe NHRA could start a diffrent series of Promod,Prostock truck and Mountain motor Prostock cars running 1/4 mile and yes the super stockers also.
Are you serious? Why would they even consider that. It would be no benefit to glendora that I can see. And as you know, unless it makes bucks for glendora, it aint gonna happen.
Old 07-15-2012

ADRL was founded in these same economic conditions.
Old 07-15-2012

IHRA hardly seems to be struggling if their crowd numbers are anything to go by. They're proving that nitro is where it's at crowd wise - love mountain motor Pro Stocks but there's no mainstream appeal, it's a racer category. Why does it matter if IHRA aren't on TV? That's just an extra cost with their format.
Old 07-16-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Mach9

ihra has been on a constant, downhill slide ever since Bader abandoned it years ago. ADRL has been on somewhat the same path ever since Kenny Knowling was sent packing. Yes, maybe Bruton will end up with both of them. Then we'l have 4 lane racing with a double jump about the 330 mark. That would be wonderful!
6.435 @ 104

Last edited by Mach9; 07-17-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach9 View Post
Then we'l have 4 lane racing with a double jump about the 33 mark. That would be wonderful!

Mack.. you owe me a new keyboard...lol....

Realisticly.. the IHRA has become what its become.. IMO.... its a over booked Super Chevy show... What hurt the current IHRA is when they tried to sell it as a Racing Series still.. and the "racing" fan did not buy into it.... since then the IHRA has basicly moved to markets that were starved for the "entertainment" they are offering.,. so it works for them....

the ADRL.. if the times were good... it would be a viable option for the NHRA to have as a second series to hit markets the NHRA doesnt currently hit.. but realisticly speaking .. with it hard to get sponsors in the current NHRA on board... taking on the addition of the ADRL would kill them.,....

PS.. i like the super chevy shows... they "to me" offer a bit more than the IHRA events... thats just my opinion on it.. not gonna get into a disscussion on it... again....lol
Old 07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach9 View Post
ihra has been on a constant, downhill slide ever since Bader abandoned it years ago. ADRL has been on somewhat the same path ever since Kenny Knowling was sent packing. Yes, maybe Bruton will end up with both of them. Then we'l have 4 lane racing with a double jump about the 33 mark. That would be wonderful!
Don't forget the loopdeeloops! I heard he may have a deal with HotWheels.
Old 07-17-2012

i predict the ihra will not exist in 5 years

as for the adrl i am a fan and i try to attend as much races as i can but they could definetely use more fans
Old 07-17-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to Mach9

Check's in the mail Billy! That was supposed to be "330". Just fixed it.
6.435 @ 104
Old 07-17-2012

I knew what you meant.

Tags
crazy talk