CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
Changes are coming. Although the major changes will occur next year.
Could you share a little more of your inside info with the rest of us?
Old 09-14-2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Dude View Post
Eugene, he has nothing of substance to share on this non-issue.

----------------------------
Old 09-14-2012

Only an idiot would have stood under the body when it came down. And if that is the case then hopefully they would have been removed from the gene pool never to reproduce again. I would be passing the video around to friends and laughing.

Life is dangerous. Do you know how many people are killed on golf courses every year? Heart attacks by the thousands, balls hitting players, clubs hitting players, Golf is a very dangerous sport and should be banned...
360H T/D and Super Comp
Old 09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewchiefpro View Post
Only an idiot would have stood under the body when it came down. And if that is the case then hopefully they would have been removed from the gene pool never to reproduce again. I would be passing the video around to friends and laughing.

Life is dangerous. Do you know how many people are killed on golf courses every year? Heart attacks by the thousands, balls hitting players, clubs hitting players, Golf is a very dangerous sport and should be banned...
You're assuming anyone there would be paying attention and watching the cars. I spent a great deal of time at the track not a wile lot further off the track than were the body fell on Saturday (though I was much closer the the start line) but never had a clue anyone launched a body like that until the next day when they launched the second one. Only then did I learn the sky'ed the first one. I'm sure when the frst one happened it was just another pair of nitro cars making passes while i was preoccupied with other things. Not everyone is paying 100% of their attention to every nitro car that goes down the track. To a lot of people, they have jobs to do and each pair of cars is "just" another pair of cars making passes while to do what they need to do.
Old 09-14-2012

Larry.

You're advocating, or at least suggesting, that NHRA DQ anyone suffering a catastrophic event where parts (or the entire car) wind up in the other lane.

Do tell me how NHRA, the driver or the driver's team, or anyone else can prevent this from happening. Ban nitro, OK. Now what? Alcohol cars aren't immune. OK, ban them too. I've seen PSM's switch lanes. What if they collided and a fan got hit by a flying wheel or something? No prob, get rid of them. Well, that leaves Pro Stock....perhaps you and Paul Pittman could confer on the subject and you can tell him to keep his stinking Pontiac in his own lane next time he goes boobs up.

Your point is well taken, buddy, it just ain't realistic. And keep in mind you stand a far greater chance being killed in an accident driving to the track than you do being killed by action on the track. If you're that nervous about it, watch it at home.
Old 09-14-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Dude View Post
No, but it's coming.
Old 09-14-2012

maybe they are gonna change it to no bodies so they will be like altereds running down the track.
Old 09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrydavis427 View Post
No, but it's coming.
As usual all talk no substance....

Tags
crazy talk, tethers