CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 01-18-2018

I don't know.....looks gimmicky if you ask me.
Old 01-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Okay, educate me... I'm assuming the yellow bridge thing is rails the concrete pour-er moves back and forth on? Is the concrete sprayed or poured?

Just curious....
LVMS has a time-lapse video, of it going down the track on the first pour, posted on their FB page. I would include the link, but I am at work and FB is blocked here, lol
Old 01-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70aarcuda View Post
That is a bidwell...used to pour concrete decks on Bridge...It is being controlled by a wire guide to control the grade....

Looks like they are doing a "wet cure" on the concrete also.....the concrete is kept wet using burlap ....concrete will continue to suck water as it cures....this keeps the deck from having shrinkage cracks...

Probably used a concrete pump to place the concrete on the grade.
Amazing machines - https://youtu.be/QCchqHBTYLk

I've been told wet curing doubles the tensile strength.
Old 01-19-2018
Super Moderator

Thanks guys! Very interesting process to watch!
Old 01-19-2018

Drove out there today, and ran into a friend who works for LVP and is working there. Said it all will be done in time...
Old 01-20-2018

NHRA is talking up the first 4 wide out west. Most likely the track will be green. The Strip is hoping to have some bracket races before the 4 wide.

How about having an open testing day on Thursday to put some rubber on the track and to let the teams learn the track. Obviously, the test would be open to the public.

I'm considering going to the April race for the first time since 2012, but I don't want a smoke or shake event. The optics for NHRA would be bad if the first west 4 wide is unwatchable because of cars not making it to the finish line.

Yvonne, have you heard what the plan is for the GA stands? At the SCSN, a track offical said the GA stands will be behind the light poles.
Old 01-20-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPMFAN View Post
NHRA is talking up the first 4 wide out west. Most likely the track will be green. The Strip is hoping to have some bracket races before the 4 wide.

How about having an open testing day on Thursday to put some rubber on the track and to let the teams learn the track. Obviously, the test would be open to the public.

I'm considering going to the April race for the first time since 2012, but I don't want a smoke or shake event. The optics for NHRA would be bad if the first west 4 wide is unwatchable because of cars not making it to the finish line.

Yvonne, have you heard what the plan is for the GA stands? At the SCSN, a track offical said the GA stands will be behind the light poles.
I heard the stands will be behind the light poles too but not much else. I know a couple of tracks that held drawings for bracket racers to be the first, second, third etc on a new track surface. Kind of a fun idea!
Old 01-20-2018

16 Fri Brackets & Jr Test n tune 3pm – 9pm
17 Sat JR Dragster Series #1 8am – Noon
17 Sat Brackets & Jr Test n Tune 11am – 3pm
17 Sat ET Bracket Series #1 3pm – 9pm
18 Sun JR Dragster Series #2 8am – Noon
18 Sun ET Bracket Series #2 11am – 5pm
23 Fri Brackets & Jr Test n tune 3pm – 9pm
24 Sat JR Dragster Series #3 8am - Noon
24 Sat ET Bracket Series #3 10am – 4pm
24 Sat ET Bracket Series #4 4pm – 9pm
25 Sun JR Dragster Series #4 8am - Noon
25 Sun ET Bracket Series #5 11am - 5pm
30 Fri O’Reilly Auto Parts Mayhem #1 6pm – Midnight

There ya go....a bunch of bracket racers to put down rubber on the track....It is my understanding the 1st weekend the bracket races will be 1/8 mile due to the top end being green also.
Old 01-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaketown dave View Post
what a shame
What makes it a shame? You can still race there. Not like they'll be running 4 wide at every single event they hold. Not sure what the issue is. Personally, I love drag racing. 2 lanes, 4 lanes, or 16. I don't give a ****.

There's a simple solution though. Don't like it? Don't watch. It's really that simple.
Old 01-21-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel_22 View Post
The REAL tragedy is the loss of the custard ice cream folks. That stuff was awesome. A big ole waffle cone for $7. Now it's milk ice cream for $10

My wife and I go to the spring Vegas race every year. It's our anniversary. I even had a heart attack when we got to Vegas on the Thursday before the race, went to the hospital, go out on Saturday night, and went to eliminations Sunday.

We will go the next few years to see if the 4-Wide can grow on us, but if not, we'll probly switch to Bristol <until Bruton changes that race too> or Pomona 1.
The only difference is that one has egg yolks in it. Personally, I prefer ice cream without egg in it. Ice cream is required to be 10% milkfat by weight. Custard requires the same. It also requires 1.4% egg yolks by weight.