CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twostep View Post
How about corraling all those wives and GFs ESPN shows every week and puttin' 'em to work? Just think how many more races Team Summit could win if Line's and Anderson's sweeties backed 'em up.
Just think how many peoples wouldn't flee the stands if pro stock required that.
Old 06-11-2012

Hey.......B.U.G.s are kind of like horsepower.......Kind of hard to have too much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........................e
Old 06-11-2012

What came first: The BUG or the burnout? BUGS may have been a tradition that's been around since the beginning and hasn't been ended by NHRA... yet.
Jungle Pam has to be the one most remembered, but others have had a lasting memory over the years:

Old 06-11-2012

Now I seem to have the urge for a 3-pack of BUD!
Old 06-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
Don't think so - around here anyway. If that were the case, why are the Nostalgia races the only ones where most of the cars have B.U.G.S. & even B.U.G. contest with Trophies. There is even a booth with B.U.G. wear at some if the races at Famoso (Bakersfield). One guy even went to "DeJahVu" & got a couple of the "Ladies" as ringers but they lost .
I bet if it was that appealing to the masses, you would more than just Alice Bode and Leeza Diehl out there!
Old 06-12-2012

Monster is a huge sponsor of many types of motorsports and they have hotties crawling all over the place in Monster garb. If the trick didn't work they wouldn't be doing it. I'm all for it and would love to see more.

And while I'm thinking of it back in the good old days when tobacco sponsorship was allowed it was the hotties that got me into the Skoal trailer and I don't even dip.

F1 and MotoGP have their own version, too. They just call them brolly girls which is euro-speak for umbrella girls that shield the drivers from the sun while on the grid.

p.s. posted from my hotel in Tokyo. WOO HOO!!
Old 06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
p.s. posted from my hotel in Tokyo. WOO HOO!!
Are you glowing yet? And don't worry about those skin rashes and cough.... they'll go away soon.
Old 06-12-2012

Fruit of a Loom/Spurlock pic may be the best drag racing photo of all time. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2012

^ With pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVT1000 View Post
And while I'm thinking of it back in the good old days when tobacco sponsorship was allowed it was the hotties that got me into the Skoal trailer and I don't even dip.
Yeah, Skoal (Cope) and Winston were everywhere:

And of course, Miss Winston

Those hospitality upgrade girls (HUG's) started showing up when the hospitality trailers started showing up, but I got a pretty good idea when they ended and the trailers are still around . I believe it's when this sponsors hospitality "trailer" came into town:

Of course I could be wrong, but sorry, its the only pic I can show
Old 06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
Are you glowing yet? And don't worry about those skin rashes and cough.... they'll go away soon.
I got a bigger dose on the plane trip here. The Fukushima plant is well north of here and I'll be in greater danger driving home from Boston. I was here last April, shortly after the tsunami, and there was no real danger here at that time either. But there have been two earthquakes during my stay and to have your room on the 11th floor shaking hard enough to get the curtains swaying and the hangers in the closet rattling is unnerving to say the least.