CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > PDRA

Old 03-31-2011

I guess they won't show this angle too much? This is from Saturday.

Old 04-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
Billy, sometimes thats not true, look at how long the Rock and MIR, held IHRA National events and never made anything, they finally wised up and pulled the plug. Bottom line is ADRL had a scarce crowd this weekend, I wounder how long the new owners will hold a event there.

you kind of made my point... IKE.. they were making money when they no longer did.. i'm assuming... they ended like you said.... but i would say a track holding a "then" IHRA National event would have more invested in the event than a track holding a ADRL event...

with parking sales and consession sales coming in and assuming none paid out in advance... as long as the money coming in was more than was needed to pay the staff and the light bill for the event.. the ADRL is good to go in Houston...

AS far as the crowd goes.. you realy have to consider the area and what the fans in that area realy prefer...is that a door car region? for Rockingham or the southeast that would be a flop.... this is Door car territory.. Nostalga FC's are the bomb out west.. but bring them to the south east and they wouldnt draw any crowd worth mentioning either... For Houston i would not consider that door car territory based on this area im in ..so what they had would be a great crowd.... but thats just my opinion...
Old 04-01-2011

Well you may have a point Billy. But im just going by what I see on the photos and video being posted (I wasn't there so its hard to judge). Its pretty obvious though the crowds and car counts where down this year (you can't deny that) in Houston from previous years. Honestly I thought this area was hot bed for Outlaw racers and fans (I guess HIGHER Up's don't care much for that with all the new changes).

[QUOTE=AtcoDave;110376]I guess they won't show this angle too much? This is from Saturday.

[/QUOTE

Thats all i'm saying they had those stands full just a year or 2 ago for the ADRL event.
Old 04-01-2011

lol.. i fully understand Ike... IMO Houston may not be a hot bed area for Door cars.. as i said before.... and crowds are down from before...cant deny it... maybe the ADRL is suffering from the "NEW IHRA" Effect... ive stated my opinion before about their new format... you get them their once or twice because it new and unseen but will they come back?... it may be possible in the Houston area the fans have moved on for the most part....but based on crowd numbers compared to seats, the NHRA is a complete flop in Concord at Z-Max... and i dont think that fits them either..

remember.. a grandstand doesnt have to be completely packed to be profitable for a track.. it helps but not completely nessicary...not in the ADRL... they dont have to answer to big board room execs for where the sponsorships are being placed and how many people see them..ok.. mabe a couple but not like other larger sanctioning bodies...lol..