CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > PDRA

Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank369k View Post
LOL if you are trying to say they are running the 1/4mile DREAM ON, I know better than that.......that would be a april fools day topic. I definately would go if it were true......just imagine watching ALL those ProMods running the 1/4mile it would remind me of the old IHRA Presidents cup nationals of the past...nothing I have seen in drag racing comes close to topping those great Presidents Cup nationals of the 90's. Would you agree to that Ike?
Of coarse its going to be 1/8, thats the obvious. While you were talking about them taking on MMPS and T/S I thought I would just let you know (if you didn't know already) they are going after another of your favorate classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post
My only point of having an index is to keep actual P/M cars out of the class. There aren't many T/S cars capable of 3.90's anyway. I sincerely doubt anyone would be having to lift before the stripe! The very nature of the ADRL business model is to put on a very straight-forward action packed show for spectators....for free. And most folks who are only there because of the free admission won't "get" the whole handicap thing. When T/S starts running, the fans will make a mass exodous from the stands.
Fans will stay around and watch TS before they watch the .90 or other index classes.

I guess I will never understand the .400 tree index racing is the cool thing to do rather than just put a number on the side cut a good light and run it to the stripe?? Thats the problem with index racers they think they are cool because they leave the line the same but the brackets racers suck and no one wants to watch them, guess what no one wants to see them (index) racing either cause like in B/R, fans for the most part don't understand it. I just like the thought that a non qualified PX car that DNQ reenter in T/S and putting a 3.60 on a dial instead of a .90 (index) but I guess im the only one that understands that.

TS has never been a index class and never should be. Just hope ADRL and screw it up.
Old 07-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
Of coarse its going to be 1/8, thats the obvious. While you were talking about them taking on MMPS and T/S I thought I would just let you know (if you didn't know already) they are going after another of your favorate classes.

Fans will stay around and watch TS before they watch the .90 or other index classes.

I guess I will never understand the .400 tree index racing is the cool thing to do rather than just put a number on the side cut a good light and run it to the stripe?? Thats the problem with index racers they think they are cool because they leave the line the same but the brackets racers suck and no one wants to watch them, guess what no one wants to see them (index) racing either cause like in B/R, fans for the most part don't understand it. I just like the thought that a non qualified PX car that DNQ reenter in T/S and putting a 3.60 on a dial instead of a .90 (index) but I guess im the only one that understands that.

TS has never been a index class and never should be. Just hope ADRL and screw it up.
Well then here's my solution, remove the name T/S and put another one in its place. I wasn't the one that made the call to add a or this class.

Surely you're not suggesting anyone will be using throttles because of a 3.90 index! If so I guess you must realize just how quick 3.90 is in the 1/8 is. That numer will qualify for Pro Nitrous and some Pro Extreme fields. Anyone that has a car capable of qualifying in one either of the firleds isn't going to be trying to win the T/S $2,000 purse ($1,750 after entry fee). Bottom line here is you're NOT going to have a bunch of cars running consistantly ON the index, therefore the fans (at these free admission events) won't even have to understand it. They just wanna see fast side by side racing. Half of them won't even relaize anyone that may have lost because of it. Remember, an ADRL event isn't your avergae weekend deal where racers are the main source of income and it's all about what the racer wants. These events are all about filling the stands.

The class I would create would have a 32 car field, no car too slow. Two qualifiers and right into eliminations. And of course....of course I would have the purse be a "smidgen" higher too!
Old 07-08-2011

what .. no comment on them begining the process of possibly adding a "rules" based Pro Mod class?
Old 07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W View Post
what .. no comment on them begining the process of possibly adding a "rules" based Pro Mod class?
They know NHRA and Pro Mod are probably done after 2014. Give them a place to race (Nationally) like they did MMPS a few years back.

Hemi who said anything about throttles on 3 sec cars???, Just dial it in and run it.

They need to add a ODR or x275 class. Theres enough support from racers and fans out there. Those guys are pretty good with the HP on those small tires.
Old 07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~~IKE~~~ View Post
I just like the thought that a non qualified PX car that DNQ reenter in T/S and putting a 3.60 on a dial instead of a .90 (index)
I like this part - a NON QUALIFIED PX car dialing a 3.60? Hell, Frank Manzo could live with a 3.60....

I do get your point, tho. But don't count out TS index racing just yet. We run 4.70 index TS events at our track and it draws great crowds and good fields. You can't run these cars pure heads-up - too much variation in them - so it's either bracket style or index, either of which can be explained to the fans by a competent announcer.

Personally, I like seeing them launch together. The only drawback is that most of the cars running here are capable of running considerably quicker than 4.70, so they have to learn how to slow 'em down.
Old 07-09-2011

I think the whole T/S running the 1/8th sucks, I love Top Sportsman on the 1/4mile BUT technically its still run whats on the window to prevent breakout..Cant imagine watching a guy past his competition @ the 330 or 400ft mark & then getting off it before the 1/8th mile to keep from breaking out....REALLY as if 660ft was not already too DAM short.
Old 07-09-2011

[QUOTE=~~~IKE~~~;115605]They know NHRA and Pro Mod are probably done after 2014. Give them a place to race (Nationally) like they did MMPS a few years back.

QUOTE]

if i heard it correctly on the ADRL net radio show with Bret Kepner.. this idea had been in place long before this year.. and was from racers themselves.....
Old 07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W View Post
It couldn't have come at a better time with NHRA announcing it will be over for their promod series without a new sponsor by 2012. It only makes sense for the ADRL to step up and offer these promod teams a place to race. I can't see it as anything but good news for the ADRL. Hopefully it becomes a regular class.
Old 07-15-2011

top sportsman will be a class in adrl...the new rule book for the class is out now...
Old 07-21-2011

The T/S guys put on a GREAT show at Martin, and make a great addition to the show.