CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > PDRA

Old 04-19-2011
Administrator

Default State of the ADRL

Interesting commentary by Bobby Bennett on the current state of affairs at ADRL.

http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...l-will-survive

----------------------------
Old 04-19-2011

Good Analysis. I'm planning on catching the show at Maple Grove in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/techrat77
Old 04-19-2011

I agree that ADRL is headed in the right direction with it's current leadership.

They have proven through the first two events that the new group can run a smooth and efficient race that completes on time. Track prep has never been better. Payouts have been increased to levels that have not been seen before. The championships now will be decided by a year long points race.

What ADRL needs now is for the racers to get behind them and make this organization the best that it can be for both the ADRL and the racers.

I don't agree that they are NHRA'S closest competitor.

ADRL and NHRA are as different as night and day.
Old 04-19-2011

I dont know Rowdy... i would say the ADRL is its closest compeditor.. they both do drag RACING ad a format.. who else does drag racing that is closer..

World of Outlaws is considered second to NASCAR in oval racing.. and they are night and day apart as well...
Old 04-19-2011

I'm anxious to see what kind of money the new contingency money their new (IHRA's old) directory of contingencies brings to them.
Old 04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy W View Post
I dont know Rowdy... i would say the ADRL is its closest compeditor.. they both do drag RACING ad a format.. who else does drag racing that is closer..

World of Outlaws is considered second to NASCAR in oval racing.. and they are night and day apart as well...
Yes they are both drag racing but i think there are so many differences that they shouldn't be considered direct competitors. There is really no crossover of cars other than a few nitrous pro mods.

NHRA is mainly professional racing TF, FC PS and PSB. There are no places for any of those classes of cars in ADRL. NHRA has no real competitor for what they do with the professional racers. And IHRA is their only real competitor for the sportsman racers. NHRA is 1/4 mile racing and 1000' fuel racing.

ADRL is all about power adders and unlimited weight door cars and motorcycles. They have mountain motor PS, nitrous Bikes, XTF with anything goes run what you brung on 10.5" tires, PN unlimited weight and PX with screws, nitrous and nitro are all allowed with unlimited weights. No place for any of those cars in NHRA. ADRL is 1/8 mile racing.

You can consider ADRL second to NHRA if you like but IMO they are totally different types of drag racing that have no direct effect on each other. And i'm certainly not saying ADRL is better than NHRA just different.
Old 04-20-2011

The ADRL competes more with local pro mod clubs and individual track events than it does with the NHRA.
Old 04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreds1 View Post
The ADRL competes more with local pro mod clubs and individual track events than it does with the NHRA.
If you're talking about competitors I agree 110%.
Old 04-20-2011

As far as venues.

NHRA #1
ADRL #2

Others ????

Dissagree.?
Old 04-20-2011

I guess we are gonna disagree big time on this Rowdy...lol.. i see the ADRL teams and drivers as professional drag racers.. just like i consider Steve Kinser a professional oval driver...

JR Todd is doing great in an 1/8th mile Pro Mod...just as he did well in the TF ranks...

the point can be argues till the dead horse gets up and walks away... the ADRL and the NHRA at their core are both after the same market as far as fans go.

the ADRL is a door car series at its basic format..(yes even though they run the bikes and Jr dragsters) thats what they want to be, thats what they will more than likely stay... as well as being an 1/8th mile series...that doesn't make them any less of a professional group or class of "racing".