CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
Back To Back Sellout at Vegas Four Wide

http://competitionplus.com/drag-raci...wide-nationals
I don't think the place was full, but there were more people than last year. Watching on the TV, it was certainly not full. Part of that is that there are alot of block tickets for companies, and they don't all show

My fear here is that NHRA is doing what NASCAR did. Cater to these "new fans", insult the "old fans", and when the new fans go away, the old fans won't come back

I couldn't believe how many times Alan said on the PA that the "nay sayers" were wrong just based on TICKET SALES. After about the third time I heard him say it, I felt like he was intentionally goading anyone who has a different opinion than him. That's not how you win fans. I guess it must be how you win new fans

This is our 11th year at the Spring race, and we love it. What we don't love is feeling like our opinions don't matter
Old 4 Days Ago

i listen to any opinion with 'a grain of salt' of anyone who has a vested interest on one side of a debate. in politics i shun any commentary coming from a conservative or liberal journalist because they will always slant there opinion and u never know where the truth lies. Give me a person who will critic or praise, regardless of affiliation and u will get my attention !!
Old 4 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel_22 View Post
I don't think the place was full, but there were more people than last year. Watching on the TV, it was certainly not full. Part of that is that there are alot of block tickets for companies, and they don't all show

My fear here is that NHRA is doing what NASCAR did. Cater to these "new fans", insult the "old fans", and when the new fans go away, the old fans won't come back

I couldn't believe how many times Alan said on the PA that the "nay sayers" were wrong just based on TICKET SALES. After about the third time I heard him say it, I felt like he was intentionally goading anyone who has a different opinion than him. That's not how you win fans. I guess it must be how you win new fans

This is our 11th year at the Spring race, and we love it. What we don't love is feeling like our opinions don't matter
Good post!