CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > CompetitionPlus Forums > General discussion

Old 08-26-2018

https://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/s...php?p=69508835
Old 08-27-2018
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I talked to Dave today....

He's happy to be out of the hospital. Normal activity tires him out pretty quickly and knows there is a ways to go yet. I just was happy to be able to talk to him again...

Our brother thanks all of you for your thoughts and concerns.
Great news!
Old 08-28-2018

yes thanks to roger and everybody else on here.still feelin crappy but maybe,just maybe i'll feel better some day
Old 08-28-2018

Just hang in there Dave. Just do whatever the Dr's tell you to do and don't push yourself too hard.
Old 08-29-2018

SO - I hear a bike pulling into the shop a few minutes ago and it sounds familiar. The door opens and guess who is standing there. It's Dave! Looks a little gaunt and moving really slow, but moving anyway. I look over and say "HEY - where you been Bud - have a seat". Dave gets a grin and hobbles over to a chair and plops down. He then says " ****ed if I know, last thing I remember was going to McNally's (Restaurant & Burger stand up river about 20 miles) for a burger and a beer. How did everything happen"? I explained to him that my son saw him about 10 minutes before he crashed at McNalleys and they talked. I also said that we had this conversation before. Anyway - Dave is on his bike that he fixed himself and he still looks like he got into a fight with a chainsaw and if he won that chainsaw is in really bad shape. He is talking real slow and hurts a lot, but this little guy has a massive amount of determination. This first trip out (8 miles) wore him out, but he is on his way to recovery. Dave is appreciative of the concerns and wishes for him from everyone. He is staying away from the computer & TV because of problems with one eye and confusion but said to tell everyone "Hi".
Old 08-29-2018
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gates View Post
SO - I hear a bike pulling into the shop a few minutes ago and it sounds familiar. The door opens and guess who is standing there. It's Dave! Anyway - Dave is on his bike that he fixed himself
I'll be d***ed.... he warned me he was going to work on it.

----------------------------
Old 10-03-2018

once again thank you to everybody.brain damage is not good right now.va on the 25th for skull and brain exams.i just hope they figure out how to fix me somewhat.this is crap livin like this.ridins good tho but another stroke?i'll be done