CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > CompetitionPlus Forums > General discussion

Old 07-25-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
Kasey Kayne may have saved his job for the next year with that Win on Sunday night . But how he was handled after getting out of that race car was unbelievable. This guy was clearly in need of an IV , nobody was even recognizing this guys needs . The girl in booth , after the kissing of the bricks was disappointed he wasn't able to be interviewed because he needed medical attention. NASCAR has all this BS baseline testing , but I guess all the medical staff leaves after the checkered flag ? And while I'm on this rant , how does Kyle Busch own a race team , work for Joe Gibbs , and maintains a top 5 sponsor with his disposition. This guy outside of that race car is a total back stabbing loser . NHRA is in transition, But Nascar isn't spinning out of control, it is just flat out lost !
Kasey was defiantly in need of fluids! It looked as if he was gonna pass out while in Victory Lane.

As for the Kyle Busch question, it's a simple answer.....He wins. Same reason athletes in stick and ball sports have jobs after going to jail and allegations of domestic abuse. If you win that justifies your behavior.
Old 07-27-2017
Administrator

Speaking of the Brickyard 400, NASCAR & the auto makers....

http://www.autoextremist.com/on-the-table1/

....scroll down here, there's more.

http://www.autoextremist.com/the-line1/

----------------------------
Old 07-27-2017

Look for attendance to shrink further with Jr. gone next year. Don't know what they could do to fix it. Brand loyalty no longer exist as it once did, even if they went back to "Stock" cars. The racing is the worst I have ever seen it.
Old 08-04-2017

It's now embarrassing to admit to anyone you still follow NASCAR . If I need a Sunday nap , I just put on the race and its lights out . If I go to a race and get sunburned, I tell my coworkers on Monday I went fishing . Turning left was once so exciting , what happened ?
Old 08-19-2017

News that Brad Keselowski is shutting down his truck series team which has been reported as losing a million dollars per season, since 2014 . With sponsorships and in contention for championships each season , it shows that all motor sports are in trouble . I know its professional at a high level, but if an owner has got to run a portion or worse "all " out of pocket , the future is not bright . Sponsors got wise to not buying the motor sports hype "win on Sunday sell on Monday " Bull $hit . You can't sell enough on Monday to cover a full blown sponsorship package . Brad is a lucky one , at least he's still marketable with plenty of future earnings with his day job . NHRA stinks , but NASCAR stinks way worse . The NASCAR fake franchises will just turn into a club of bankrupt ex-owners , and the only Chase they'll be in ? Sorry , that will only be with the IRS .
Old 08-19-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop36@aol.com View Post
News that Brad Keselowski is shutting down his truck series team which has been reported as losing a million dollars per season, since 2014 . With sponsorships and in contention for championships each season , it shows that all motor sports are in trouble . I know its professional at a high level, but if an owner has got to run a portion or worse "all " out of pocket , the future is not bright . Sponsors got wise to not buying the motor sports hype "win on Sunday sell on Monday " Bull $hit . You can't sell enough on Monday to cover a full blown sponsorship package . Brad is a lucky one , at least he's still marketable with plenty of future earnings with his day job . NHRA stinks , but NASCAR stinks way worse . The NASCAR fake franchises will just turn into a club of bankrupt ex-owners , and the only Chase they'll be in ? Sorry , that will only be with the IRS .
http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nascar...ill-1797982471
Old 08-20-2017

http://youtu.be/nZuWpJhsUu0

Interesting perspective, no more "free" cash from corporate America . All of them - there CEO's must be held accountable to the share holders . Motorsport sponsors, and I don't care if you are like a "Valovoline " , it won't sell enough oil to overshadow the cost to run a 12 million dollar race car operation for a year . Drag racers get the NASCAR sponsor scraps , only one fix ! We Need More Multimillionaire's !
Old 09-04-2017

Promotion Gold ! Darlington has hit the spot with the throwback theme . Last night was special & it sounded so good to hear Ken Squier and Ned Jarrett again .

http://youtu.be/eWFtAfwD03E
Old 09-05-2017

Subway Dropped Driver Sponsorship Because He Gave Out Donuts
Alanis King - Today 10:42am

Quote:
NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suarez played along with a seemingly innocent TV segment before a race in July, where he helped pass out donuts. Two months later, Subway dropped its sponsorship of him, effective immediately.
https://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nasca...ium=socialflow

Angry NASCAR Fans Are Roasting Subway For Dropping Suárez's Sponsorship Over A Donut
Stef Schrader 13 minutes ago

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/angry-...ium=socialflow
Old 09-06-2017

My guess is Subway was just looking for a way to get out of a deal. I hve no doubt they lost more sales by dropping him than they lost by people seeing him hand out doughnuts.

Would be cool if Dunkin were to pick him up!