CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI_guy View Post

You're name would much better suit you if you replaced the P with an H and removed an O.
That right there is clever,very. I've been dealing with cheap shots here for years,so what's the difference?
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:

You're name would much better suit you if you replaced the P with an H and removed an O.
That's awesome....
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Charlet View Post
That's awesome....
Glad you like it.
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
I never implied otherwise. I was merely pointing out that he *could* do this on his own dime.. if he chose to do so. It's just smart business sense to race on OPM (other people;s moeny) despite how wealthy you may be. No different than the near billionaire Conrad Kalitta taking moolah from MAC tools, Patrone, OPTOMA and others. He could do it without them and have it not ever effect his chosen lifestyle one bit. My mentioning all this was/is to make a point that if AJ didn't like any deal or stipulations MOPAR put on him, he could tell them no thanks and run his program as he chooses for a whole season on what his profits probably are from his business ventures in a month. Just because WJ wouldn't be able to turn down such a deal, or stipulations like you're insinuating here doesn't mean AJ couldn't or wouldn't. MOPAR loves him because he and Roy have raced nothing but MOPARs since day 1 of their racing endeavors. I'm sure AJ likes the free money, blocks and heads, but he probably gets a bigger kick out of the fact that his chosen manufacturer is actually sponsoring him and he gets to visit heir windtunnel and gets facotry engineering support from them. How cool is that... right? I suspect MOPAR likes Jeg because he's bringing JEGS money to the table and he's a light cut'in, drive'en em effer that hits his shift points in championship winning form.

So in summary, you're petty inuendos are making you look silly.
But Jeggie did choose to do it on his own, he hired a bunch of chevy guys, think it was cagnazzi people, and was gonna get to the point of selling engines thru the jegs catalogs for bracket cars. It seemed fine but then he switched to mopars. I pretty much feel an engine is an engine, but I dont "feel" right unless I am working on a chevy. Now some of that crew that was gonna be building for Jeg is building with elite and running Chevys and have the top powerplant in the class. You can argue if Jeggie stuck with the bow tie and didnt go to the gray side (dark side if Ford) he might have the top chevy powerplant in the class.
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
Glad you like it.
gotta admit it was rather clever....
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Yeah I thought so too. If the worst thing I get named or called is an A-hole,I'm doing pretty good.
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
I'm sure MOPAR is "encouraging" some sharing of chassis tuning data as well.
WOW,how could I have missed this statement. You just made my case for me with it but I really don't expect to hear a response from you beings you're boycotting the A-Hole posts.
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:

See post #45. The answer was and is... because he doesn't have to take any deals he dislikes.
Oh really?
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Would'a seemed more clever had he spelled "your" correctly...
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Poole View Post
... Sounds like sour grapes from him when Jeggie moved over to the Johnson camp. It wasn't the engines that caused it if you listen to him but the car setup etc. Well if that were correct,how how is Jeggie running so well with Johnson power with the same crew?
I could be wrong but I don't believe Roy Simmons has been with Jeg since he went to J&J and I know for a fact that Jim Yates and Mark Ingersoll never worked with Jeg or Nick an JNR. So I don't think that the really is the "same crew".

Tags
elite, freeman, pro stock