CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4264 View Post
This isn’t what you guys want so nobody better sugar coat it what so ever at this point. Yes there are people speculating a 5-6 car increase. Not just calling you guys and gals out on here I have heard and been told that else where as well. But what about ones you lose from this or possibly lose cause I’m at the very top of that list.
I think I can speak for most everyone here by saying that nobody wants to see you leave the class. But unless I've missed it I don't remember reading any concrete ideas from you that would bring in 5 cars. You and everybody here can talk about CI and hood scoops and Ford all you want but I think its come down to actually producing some car count. The next ideas on the list are reduce your event schedule, reduce elimination to eight cars or close down the class completely. If you really wanted to keep the class intact as it is right now, you guys should've agreed to the reduced schedule IMO. That would have at least bought you some time to come up with other ideas.

I truly think this is an idea that NHRA and others are just trying to flesh out a bit. We have no idea that it will even come to full fruition. I'm curious why shoot it down immediately without even letting them test the waters?
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne* View Post
I think I can speak for most everyone here by saying that nobody wants to see you leave the class. But unless I've missed it I don't remember reading any concrete ideas from you that would bring in 5 cars. You and everybody here can talk about CI and hood scoops and Ford all you want but I think its come down to actually producing some car count. The next ideas on the list are reduce your event schedule, reduce elimination to eight cars or close down the class completely. If you really wanted to keep the class intact as it is right now, you guys should've agreed to the reduced schedule IMO. That would have at least bought you some time to come up with other ideas.

I truly think this is an idea that NHRA and others are just trying to flesh out a bit. We have no idea that it will even come to full fruition. I'm curious why shoot it down immediately without even letting them test the waters?
For starters not really interested in fighting the parity issues that are about to rise on this. Howís this ever going to be fair. Taking everything from us and letting them have it back. I would rather fight a parity issue with factory showdown motors involved. Never been totally opposed to limit schedule cause I have done them on my own and was planning one for next year. Stated numerous times the whole entire deal needs to go to 18 races but people donít want to hear that. I say whole deal needs it to protect fuel racing but again nobody wants to hear this. But the true fix is money again nobody wants to hear this. I stated few weeks back pro stock has become like a failing business and most of the time only way out is spend money. By spending money means upping the purse not cut it like they did. So saying this if not going to spend money then they need to be done. My ole man said it best itís like giving someone on there death bed hand full of vitamins to kept them going. Itís all sad but true.
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Parity MM vs 500" PS

The MM PS cars do not have a part number requirement for their engine components, heads and blocks. The NHRA 500 stuff should be under the same rule. That would be parity.

Evidently we can have a 830 CI Boss Mustang but not a 500" Boss Mustang. But we can have an engine in a Mustang with GM part numbers.

What part of stupid doesn't anyone understand?
Old 1 Week Ago

It's a dumb idea, never will have parity. Someone will always be complaining. IMO it's the sanctioning bodies job to make these decisions, not the racers. It's there play ground