CompetitionPlus.com Forum  

Go Back   CompetitionPlus.com Forum > NHRA

Old 05-14-2018

Word on the street here is zoning issues seemed to have put a monkey wrench in the 1/4 mile junkyard plan . That's why the reopening rumors are flying

I was told the same thing at the swap meet. By a reliable source. Now I wonder if Burton would consider buying it????
Old 05-14-2018

I'd LOVE for Bruton to buy E-town. A four wide race at E-Town would draw a TON of fans! Unfortunately the biggest money maker for that place is to sell the property to developers and walk away with Trump money! #Iwouldasoldadecadeago

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogbmx View Post
Word on the street here is zoning issues seemed to have put a monkey wrench in the 1/4 mile junkyard plan . That's why the reopening rumors are flying

I was told the same thing at the swap meet. By a reliable source. Now I wonder if Burton would consider buying it????
Old 05-14-2018

Remember, Raceway Park is a big facility that has more to offer than just drag racing. They have held motocross races there for decades, plus road racing, drifting and specialty events such as Tough Mudder.

They only closed down the drag racing part. Let that sink in for a second. That means RP is hosting drifting events, road races, motocross races, fun run stuff and even auto lifestyle events that will feature burnout contests, just no drag racing.

Everything else at Raceway Park will be status quo. So what does that say for drag racing??

I can tell you this, their diesel nationals event was their money maker, NOT the Summer Nationals. There was a reason why the robbery that took place there a few years ago took place the Monday after the Diesel Nationals.
Old 05-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebilasphoto View Post
I'd LOVE for Bruton to buy E-town. A four wide race at E-Town would draw a TON of fans! Unfortunately the biggest money maker for that place is to sell the property to developers and walk away with Trump money! #Iwouldasoldadecadeago
E Town was almost set up for 4 wide lol. Anyone ever notice how wide the track was?????? And how low the walls were??
Old 05-14-2018

The only thing I'm going to miss at Englishtown is the hamburger steak at the diner. But, I'm pretty sure I will find a good place to eat in Virginia.
Old 05-16-2018

My dad and I got back into it around 98 and had been going every year. He and mom moved to NC, but me my wife and my departed buddy Gary kept the tradition alive. Then it was me and my wife. We got blessed and through a friend got in the tower became friends with the micro strategies people and had been going ever since TOWER FOOD WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can say that I got to live my dream, I was able to get on the starting line and shoot for 1/4 mile media.com. To this day, that is the best drag racing experience I have ever had, taking pics of the last divisional race held. If anyone here raced that day, I may have a pic of you. I also have a very funny story to tell later on
Old 05-16-2018

To be totally honest the actual track surface sucked big time! The starting line and burnout box area was cratered like the moon. Plus the prep was almost nonexistent.

We literally ran the same setup at Atco, Cecil and Maple Grove....we had a totally different setup just for Etown because the track sucked that bad.

There was a reason why people stayed away.

It's ashame really. A lot of nice people there and it was such a historic venue. I